• Recent Articles

    Xanija

    Fixes and changes - FarSight's 1 month break between S6 & S7

    As you might be aware, if you are a regular user of the forum and/or read the latest newsletter (#61) by FarSight, they are currently having a break between Season 6 and Season 7 of one month, i.e. the first table of the next season (Bally Paragon, as it was voted for by the players on the Facebook poll) will probably be issued end of May.

    FarSight is using this time to fix a number of issues on older tables as well as revisiting features which need an overhaul.

    What you will see now, is a list of items which have been worked on already. Please note this is as of Apr 18th and there are more fixes in the pipeline. The... read more
    Xanija 04-23-2017, 05:00 AM
  • Bethesda DLC tables released

    Zen Studios release their newest addition to their pinball game on Xbox, PSN, Steam, Mac and Windows 10 today. It's already live on Steam.

    This table pack features 3 tables inspired by popular Bethesda franchises:

    • DOOM
    • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    • Fallout


    Mobile platforms will see this release on Dec. 8th.

    Check out Zen's blog entry about this table pack, if you haven't done so already.

    Please let us know, what you think about this latest release in the comments or in the forum.
    Comments 13 Comments
    1. Jeff Strong's Avatar
      Jeff Strong -
      Skyrim looks so good. How is it?
    1. EldarOfSuburbia's Avatar
      EldarOfSuburbia -
      I've got to admin, Skyrim and Fallout might be enough to drag me into Zen. So far I've managed to ignore it entirely. 2000+ hours dropped into the Elder Scrolls and Fallout games says that I might be tempted, though.
    1. Xanija's Avatar
      Xanija -
      Skyrim looks very good so far, although I have trouble understanding everything. What's interesting: You start with a character you select at the first game and then you can continue playing this character, level it, equip stuff etc. and this character can be played in the next game as well. So it's not like you start again from scratch every time. You can create a new character though.

      But I need to dig deeper into how the game works. It's funny how I don't care about the score, it's a bit like in Football Super League, where it's more about the goals than the actual score.

      A very intriguing table. Haven't played a lot of DOOM and Fallout yet, but it seems like Fallout is similar, except you don't keep the character from game to game.
    1. codinghorror's Avatar
      codinghorror -
      In my opinion, FX2 tables are getting better and better as they build more of them and figure out what works and what doesn't.

      Some of the early tables are just awful in retrospect (Iron Man, anyone? V12? Horrible) but the new ones tend to be considerably better!
    1. Jeff Strong's Avatar
      Jeff Strong -
      Quote Originally Posted by Xanija View Post
      Skyrim looks very good so far, although I have trouble understanding everything. What's interesting: You start with a character you select at the first game and then you can continue playing this character, level it, equip stuff etc. and this character can be played in the next game as well. So it's not like you start again from scratch every time. You can create a new character though.

      But I need to dig deeper into how the game works. It's funny how I don't care about the score, it's a bit like in Football Super League, where it's more about the goals than the actual score.

      A very intriguing table. Haven't played a lot of DOOM and Fallout yet, but it seems like Fallout is similar, except you don't keep the character from game to game.
      Sounds like a very cool concept. Love when they add RPG elements like that.
    1. Xanija's Avatar
      Xanija -
      Quote Originally Posted by codinghorror View Post
      In my opinion, FX2 tables are getting better and better as they build more of them and figure out what works and what doesn't.

      Some of the early tables are just awful in retrospect (Iron Man, anyone? V12? Horrible) but the new ones tend to be considerably better!
      I agree, there is so much advancement in the table development. I really love the more recent releases like Marvel Women of Power, Alien vs. Pinball, South Park and the Bethesda tables seem to be nice too.
    1. Stuzz's Avatar
      Stuzz -
      I've never understood the issue folks have with Ironman. V12, sure. Also Shaman and Mars are probably my least liked. But Ironman I put a notch or two above the bottom of the barrel.
    1. DA5ID's Avatar
      DA5ID -
      Quote Originally Posted by Stuzz View Post
      I've never understood the issue folks have with Ironman. V12, sure. Also Shaman and Mars are probably my least liked. But Ironman I put a notch or two above the bottom of the barrel.
      I did not like v12 because I had no idea what was going on. After reading the guide by the chin dude the table grew on me.
    1. ScotchYeti's Avatar
      ScotchYeti -
      I recently played the Mars table again. The space theme offers a Zen like relaxation feeling that helps to wind down after a long day. It's different in a good way. V12 not so.
    1. Stuzz's Avatar
      Stuzz -
      Yeah, Mars is like that, so if your in the correct frame of mind it's OK. I just remember the last time I played it, it bored me to tears.
    1. codinghorror's Avatar
      codinghorror -
      Ironman is so visually grotesque as well, all that yellow and red. It's painful to look at.

      Zen has really toned down the garish colors they used in their earlier tables, and thank God. Iron Man is the worst in that department.
    1. MIK's Avatar
      MIK -
      I love Pinball and are all for new tables, but if the ball physics are anything like Zen's previous offerings then it's a big fat no. The ball physics are too dry and robotic for my liking...
    1. EldarOfSuburbia's Avatar
      EldarOfSuburbia -
      It's the flipper physics that are funky to me. Backhands just don't work like they intuitively should.