[ Current build : v1.81 working with game version 1.60.8 DX11 ]
The time has come to release my mod! Please read this post carefully, it contains most of the answers to the questions you may have...
For those who have never heard of this mod, it allows you to have a total control over the camera, you can move around in the room, zoom in/out, modify the FOV, look at the backglass or even the side decals then look back at the table just by a keypress, without any restriction.
The camera is totally static during gameplay, no more event or multiball camera, it provides the best experience for pincab owners, you can adjust the camera over the playfield to make it perfectly fit your screen or set a hybrid view to see the table and the at the same time! Finally, you can save the view settings to a camera file that you can share with other people on the forum!
The mod has been updated recently with some extra features and is now capable of custom backglass artwork and scoring displays on a separate monitor then the playfield itself, it also allows the to be resized and moved independently of the playfield.
The current build only works with DX11 version of the game.
How to use:
- The mod requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 to work properly.
- Extract the content of the mod's archive somewhere on your HDD.
- Make sure that Settings.ini file is located in the same folder as TPAFreeCamMod.exe.
- Start the mod by clicking TPAFreeCamMod.exe, a popup should appear in your traybar.
- Launch the game with admin rights in Windowed Mode.
- If everything goes well, the mod's overlay should appear in the game.
(1) Z-Axis Translation slider - moves the cam linearly up and down.
(2) Y-Axis Translation slider - moves the camera linearly*forward and backward.
(3) X-Axis Translation slider - moves the cam linearly to the left and right.
(4) Raw value of the cam for each axis / slider.
(5) X-Axis Rotation slider - rotate the camera to the top / bottom.
(6) Y-Axis Rotation slider - rotate the camera around the Y axis.
(7) Z-Axis Rotation slider - rotate the camera to the left and right.
(8) FOV slider - changes the field of view, flips the camera if value < 0, also affects the lights.
(9) Hide/Show Backglass radiobox - allows you to hide or show the backglass image on the second monitor.
(10) Hide/Show radiobox - allows you to hide or show the on the second monitor.
(11) Bring to front button - if the is hidden you can press this button to displays it on top of all windows, it also sets its TopMost value to 1.
(12) Enable or disable the mod, restart the table to apply changes.
(13) Auto-hide HUD (if no *.cam file is loaded) - if this box is checked, the ingame HUD is automatically hidden when the game starts.
(14) If checked, the cam values are applied to the sliders when game starts, otherwise sliders values are applied to the camera.
(15) Press this button to apply current sliders values to the camera (it should be automatic most of the time).
(16) Check this box to enable HotKeys.
(17) Press this button to get some information about the active HotKeys.
(18) Camera speed slider - range 0.1 -> 20, the higher the value the faster the camera moves, manually select 0.1 value for extra fine adjustments.
(19) View selector - click on the view you want to modify or apply to the camera, selected view when saving defines the default view which will be auto loaded when game starts.
(20) Auto-hide HUD (view related) - if the box is checked, the HUD will be automatically hidden when the corresponding view is selected.
(May be buggy, HideHUD() func is called without checking if the HUD is already hidden or not, if the box is checked and HUD is hidden when you select the view, the HUD will show!)
(On Cirqus Voltaire, HUD is automatically hidden by the game, let the box unchecked unless you want to show the HUD).
(21) View description, give some information about the view.
(22) Auto-load cam file - checks if a *.cam file is available for this table and automatically loads it when game starts.
(23) Save cam button - saves the current views to a *.cam file (eg. Cameras\TableName.cam).
(24) Load cam button - selects a *.cam file and loads its values in the mod.
(25) Table Name - indicates you the name of the current table.
(26) Opacity slider - changes the opacity of the mod's UI.
(27) Buy Me a Beer button - if you like my work, you can support me by buying me a beer!
Once you're familiarized with all of this, take a look at the Settings.ini file, you can configure which function should be enabled/disabled when the mod starts and set your own hotkeys.
It can be a bit tricky to setup everything but thanks to @Robert Misner, here is a complete PDF guide with the setup instructions.
Please read it carefully, it has been updated with the new instructions for 3 screens setup and floating features.
Here you can find the ressources you need to complete your cabinet setup:
> http://pinballarcadefans.com/forumdi...FreeCamera-Mod (backglasses, camera files, single table pack)
> http://pinballarcadefans.com/forumdi...ing-Discussion (camera files discussions & settings)
> https://mega.nz/#!JlcQEJAJ!-l4hldpQx...74ImNfc4sLuj1I (camera files complete pack, latest tables may be missing)
> http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthr...eos-Media-Pack (table videos media pack)
If you like my work, you can make a donation using Paypal to keep the development going!
If you have questions about the mod, suggestions, feature ideas, don't hesitate to ask! If you find a bug, please report it by posting some details and a screenshot if needed.
I would like to thank my betatesters, @SilverBalls, @mpad, @SickBoy for the time you took to test the beta builds, report the bugs and give me good ideas about new features to implement in the mod or feedbacks about things that were not working the way they should!
@Robert Misner, for the beta testing and the ideas/suggestions he has given to me during the cabinet mode dev phase, the time he has taken to edit all the backglass artworks and write the setup guide!
Some of the backglass artworks we are providing in our media packs have been edited and/or designed by Jeff Diamond @ NukeLauncher.
I would also thank @Sir_LANs-a-lot for the nice icon he has made for the mod, and finally all the pinball community who have been supporting me since my first day here!
Hope you'll enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed coding it!
Cabinet mode, 2 and 3 screens setup: