Thread: [REPORT] Bug Reporting / Issues

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow [REPORT] Bug Reporting / Issues

Only use this thread to submit bugs and issues, please provide as much as details as possible to reproduce it and attach a screenshot if needed.

Thanks!

My Devices
    Atari 7800, Xbox 360, PS3, PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a theory about something but it wasn't right so I just edited this post.
    Last edited by hammr25; 05-26-2015 at 02:44 PM.

My Devices
    PC, Android
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    New build. Does it update automatically?

My Devices
    pinball arcade on ps3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

I have a problem hope you can help.

I am running windows 8.1 64bit. I have the latest version and it says net framework is installed. I also run windowed.
    When I run the game the overlay shows but it sticks to the top right of the screen and only slows the left edge of the overlay. I cannot move the overlay nor do any of the sliders move.
    What can I do to get all of the overlay to show and work?

thanks

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm new to the mod and having a similar issue to AM1001. Only difference is I am running Windows 10 64bit.
    When I run the game the overlay shows but it sticks to the top right of the screen and only slows the left edge of the overlay. I cannot move the overlay.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    make sure your running in a tpa in a window mode(required) and have latest video drivers and you set your desktop display to 1080x1920
    take a screen cap afterwards and post
    can you post your settings.ini as well
    I always just hit the checkbox and use the hotkeys to alter sliders vs draggin them

edit I'm using windows 10 64bit myself

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello fellow Canuck...thanks for the assist

My setup is a small cabinet with a 32" TV in 1080 x 1920 for the playfield and a 24" monitor for the backbox running 1600 x 1200.
    TPA is configured to run in windowed mode at 1080 x 2200.
    Drivers are current and the card is an NVidia GTX960.
    The settings.ini file is just as you have it in your CameraModGuide.

I have two issues actually and have included a pic to illustrate them.

The first is that the overlay cannot be moved and is only half visible on the playfield monitor.
    The second is that the backbox images display a few inches to far to the right and the top few inches of the image are cutoff.

[IMG][/IMG]

I've tried a whole host of things to try to figure this out and have come up empty. Time to leave it to the pros :-)

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it looks like you have some kind of overscan going on..the backglass monitor looks to be displaying about 1185x965 from whats showing..its not 1600x1200
    is it possible your display doesn't support that resolution..try setting your backglass to something else close
    the playfield are you using pc resolution or tv? hdmi?

can you take picture of the adjust desktop size and position screens
    and setup multiple displays..your monitor doesn't look centered either.
    my scaling options say aspect ratio , scaling on display, and override the scaling mode set by games and programs checked

My Devices
    Fullsize Virtual Cab (PC), xBox 360, Android Nexus 7 2012
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[BUG-1] Cabinet Mode

First many thanks for the amazing work NoEx and Robert!

(1) When running in offline mode, the Backglass does not display. If you Alt-Tab as well you cannot see the backglass. As soon as I go online and run the mod with TPA the backglass shows.
    I don't have internet on my cabinet, so the way I tested it was with an internet connection was by running a long internet cable across to the cabinet.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Issue1] - Stuttering Display due Playfield and Backglass 'fighting'

I get a lot of Playfield stutter from the ball when playing and also when the camera is doing a fly-by. It seems that the Playfield and Backglass display are 'fighting' each other to be 'on top'.

HOWEVER if I Alt-tab to the Playfield Window, this makes the playfield play very smooth. I can still see the backglass, but the portion of TPA on the backglass moniotr is covering all of the lower portion of the backglass and not just the DMD cut-out. If I Alt-tab back to the backglass so I can only see the DMD in the cut-out, then the playfield is stuttery again

I experienced with dozens of nVidia scaling settings for Aspect ratio, scaling on display / GPU, overriding the scaling mode set by games and programs, etc. but still get the issue. I have also tried Aero on/off, VSync, etc.

Any ideas appreciated.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBalls View Post

(1) When running in offline mode, the Backglass does not display. If you Alt-Tab as well you cannot see the backglass. As soon as I go online and run the mod with TPA the backglass shows.
    I don't have internet on my cabinet, so the way I tested it was with an internet connection was by running a long internet cable across to the cabinet.

i'll be honest i never tried offline mode before NoEx will have to comment..might need another update to fix that

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    silverballs both displays are setup on the same video card right? on seperate hdmi or dvi connectors? it sounds like a sync issue between monitors..are they both on the same refresh and both setup as pc mode not tv?

what resolution are you running the game at btw 1080x2200 or higher ones? just curious if we can lower it to eliminate performance .ect
    as well in your nvidia custom 3d settings for pinballarcadedx11.exe do you have multi monitor performance enabled?..oh do you have 3 monitors connected to that videocard perhaps?

My Devices
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Misner View Post
    silverballs both displays are setup on the same video card right? on seperate hdmi or dvi connectors? it sounds like a sync issue between monitors..are they both on the same refresh and both setup as pc mode not tv?

what resolution are you running the game at btw 1080x2200 or higher ones? just curious if we can lower it to eliminate performance .ect
    as well in your nvidia custom 3d settings for pinballarcadedx11.exe do you have multi monitor performance enabled?..oh do you have 3 monitors connected to that videocard perhaps?
    Thanks for response. I have 2 screens both on GTX 480. One is DVI and one HDMI. Both are set at 60hz. PF 1080x1920 but 1080x2200 in TPA buffer. BG is same as you recommrnded. I tried a lower res but still jittery. I run VP with B2S smoothly, Unity3D Pinball, etc. fine. If I Alt-Enter TPA back to full screen then it is supersmooth. In Windowed if I Alt-tab to TPA it is smooth. If I then Alt tab to backgkass, and the click on TPA it is stuttery. It seems like by giving TPA priority (is: bringing it to top is is fine, but when back glass overlaps top part of TPA game, they fight for priority). Must be some setting somewhere

Edit: I also have multi-monitor perf enabled and all settings such as quality set to prefer perf. My TV is set to Game mode (LGs JustScan).
    Last edited by SilverBalls; 09-24-2015 at 01:21 PM.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    silverballs is the hdmi using dedicated hdmi port on video card? or dvi to hdmi cable?
    i'd really like to see what happens if you could switch which display was connected to which port and see if the problem follows the connection

My Devices
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    silverballs is the hdmi using dedicated hdmi port on video card? or dvi to hdmi cable?
    i'd really like to see what happens if you could switch which display was connected to which port and see if the problem follows the connection
    Actually not able to use cab now as family gone to bed, but interesting you ask. The TV has an HDMI cable going to DVI on the graphics card. The backgkass has a DVI on graphics card I think going to DVI on monitor (need to check by moving cab tomorrow). Could the DVI to HDMI cable be the cause do you think?

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    possibly its adding a timing issue
    couple things, if could swap the two cables so your reversing which port the playfield is on. then set that as primary not secondary in display setup
    as well after that try all 3 multi-display/mixed gpu performance ..see if theres a change.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    possibly its adding a timing issue
    couple things, if could swap the two cables so your reversing which port the playfield is on. then set that as primary not secondary in display setup
    as well after that try all 3 multi-display/mixed gpu performance ..see if theres a change.
    Thanks will try those tomorrow, as gone midnight now (although it is bugging me!). Just did a quick internet search based on what you said and it does look like might be that. Cheers

My Devices
    PC, Kindle Fire HD, Android Phone, Fire TV Stick
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much NoEx and Robert for your work related to the latest version of the Mod!

I was able to follow this part of Robert's guide without any problem:
    "For a two display setup, the resolution of the playfield should be set to 1080x1920 and the backglassmonitor should be setup for 1600x1200.
    Within your video cards display settings, you must set your backglass monitor above the playfield monitor (which must be set to portrait by the display controls) and centered as best you can manually."

However, when I go to the next step in the Guide and try to set the PBA Configuration utility, on my PC the PBA Config utility for DX11 does not have an entry for 1080x2200. The closest I can get to it is 1080x2160, and that is throwing off the display division of my backglass/playfield when I use the Mod (but PlayfieldShift does help with this display problem). Any idea why 1080x2200 would not be listed for me? I am using an NVIDIA GTX 960 graphics card. For my experiment, I am using an LG 23" monitor for the playfield, and a Samsung SyncMaster 23" monitor for the backglass. (The LG23" monitor will be substituted with a large TV monitor once I have this completely working.) (A SyncMaster happens to be the playfield monitor in Robert's guide. )

My workaround is to push the PlayfieldShift settings lever all the way up to the top, moving from the default of 0 up to 30. So far it's helping on the tables I've checked. But if I can get the PBA Config to be at 1080x2200, it may give me some more flexibility to use that PlayFieldShift later.
    Last edited by seattlemark; 09-24-2015 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Added about my workaround

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seattlemark 1080x2200 isn't a default choice you have to type 2200 in the second box then save and exit , it will work tho

My Devices
    PC, Kindle Fire HD, Android Phone, Fire TV Stick
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Seattlemark 1080x2200 isn't a default choice you have to type 2200 in the second box then save and exit , it will work tho
    Thanks Robert. That worked great!
    P.S. For anyone running into the confusion I had: I noticed that after I manually entered the "2200" into that second (lower) box (BackBuffer Height), afterwards when I went back into the PBA Config utility it showed 1080 in that second box. So I found the trick is to just type in 2200 and don't go back in to look at it.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Robert
    First before I mention my problem agqain, don't let my issue put anyone else off trying this. This is someone particular to my screen setup (maybe cables) and not the camera mod.

I tried a few things as you suggested but unfortunately no luck with getting the playfield playing smoothly when the backglass is 'on top'. I tried switching the ports for the screen and made different screens primary, etc.. I also tried various scaling options and overriding game stuff, etc.

As my TV also has a VGA port, I thought it was worth trying to connect the playfield to this. I had to use an VGA-DVI adapter to plug it into the graphics cards DVI. Still got the same behaviour unfortunately.

My graphics card has 2 DVI ports and one mini-HDMI so I thought is is worth trying a cable from this mini-HDMI to the TV's HDMI. As I don't have one and couldn't find one in the shops here, I ordered one from Amazon but upto 3 weeks to be delivered!

Like I mentioned before I can succusessfully use 2 screens with both the playfield and backglass showing, with completely smooth gameplay and smooth camera flyby. However the only way I can achieve this, is by bringing TPA to the front so it has priority over the backglass. This is the case with all configurations and all settings I have tried.

Here are two pictures to clearly illiustrate what I mean (please ignore the off-centred backglass - I was just experimenting ):

This plays completely smooth, and the camera flyby is smooth too

This plays very stuttery with slicing, and the camera flyby is slicing too.

Despite the small annoyance I am in fact completely happy with how this works for me - I just need to have TPA on top of the backglass as shown in the first photo above, allowing the overlapping part of the TPA playfield to be on top of the lower part of the backglass, so this is no big deal. I can see the backglass and it changes when I load a new table. I have the DMD on the other screen. I have perfect camera angles. This is 10 times better than Farsight's default offering.
    Last edited by SilverBalls; 09-25-2015 at 02:50 AM.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seattlemark View Post
    Thanks Robert. That worked great!
    P.S. For anyone running into the confusion I had: I noticed that after I manually entered the "2200" into that second (lower) box (BackBuffer Height), afterwards when I went back into the PBA Config utility it showed 1080 in that second box. So I found the trick is to just type in 2200 and don't go back in to look at it.
    Yes! PBA Config utility doesn't save this value correctly because it's not in the list, this is a known issue, just type 2200 manually and don't go back in the utility.

I get a lot of Playfield stutter from the ball when playing and also when the camera is doing a fly-by. It seems that the Playfield and Backglass display are 'fighting' each other to be 'on top'.

HOWEVER if I Alt-tab to the Playfield Window, this makes the playfield play very smooth. I can still see the backglass, but the portion of TPA on the backglass moniotr is covering all of the lower portion of the backglass and not just the DMD cut-out. If I Alt-tab back to the backglass so I can only see the DMD in the cut-out, then the playfield is stuttery again

I experienced with dozens of nVidia scaling settings for Aspect ratio, scaling on display / GPU, overriding the scaling mode set by games and programs, etc. but still get the issue. I have also tried Aero on/off, VSync, etc.

Any ideas appreciated.
    This is funny because i got this problem too on my cab but not on my coding computer, we've talked about it with Robert and we've came to the conclusion that it was caused by the particular setup of my cab, i got 3 monitors and 2 video cards, the 1st one is connected to the playfield monitor and the other is connected to the dmd and backglass monitor, we thought that these stuttering were caused by the playfield being stretched over 2 different monitors connected to 2 different video cards, some kind of sync issue or something. But if you have this issue too, with everything connected to an unique video card, the problem is different. I'll check this, if the problem disappears when TPA is on top of the backglass maybe it's just caused by the method i use to display the backglass image over the playfield...

Thanks for you feedback, in fact it's been ages since i've started the mod in offline mode, and i thought cabinet mode would work as well in offline mode so i didn't tested it, but apparently it doesn't i'll fix it asap.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoEx View Post
    But if you have this issue too, with everything connected to an unique video card, the problem is different. I'll check this, if the problem disappears when TPA is on top of the backglass maybe it's just caused by the method i use to display the backglass image over the playfield...
    Thanks for the info NoEx. Based on what you said I just did a test with TPA spanning the 2 screens in the same way but this time using the CustomDesktopLogo program that Robert originally used. I get the same stuttering/slicing with that too, but as soon as I close it, smooth again. I tried moving the Logo to the top left of the backgkass monitor so that it did not appear to overlay TPA and it still stuttered/sliced. I guess the logo overlays the who screen.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantah010 View Post
    I have a question, i tried NoEx mod as soon as it was released, (finaly cab support )
    But when i run the mod the framerate drops in tpa.
    This must be becouse of my minimal cpu and gpu, so i left it alone hoping farsight would release cab support soon..
    Now i see you guys post enthusiastic, and i realy want to get this working, my cab has the blackglass and it has bin useless for more than 2 years now

Must i invest in a new pc and videocard?

Here is what i have running now:

64bit Windows 7
    AMD Dual core 2800mhz
    4 gig memory
    GeForce GT 640 (2g mem)

Tpa in DX11 medium settings runs perfect.

Playfield is 1080x1920

Cheers, greet to see this progress
    The overhead from the camera mod is pretty minimal your video card is better then mine rams ok but your cpu might be the culprit.
    check your tpa configuration settings and set MSAA samples to 1 and MSAA quality to 0 first and try that if it runs smooth without MSAA I'd advice raising the backbuffer values higher vs using AA..game looks better that way.
    Last edited by Robert Misner; 09-25-2015 at 11:44 AM.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info NoEx. Based on what you said I just did a test with TPA spanning the 2 screens in the same way but this time using the CustomDesktopLogo program that Robert originally used. I get the same stuttering/slicing with that too, but as soon as I close it, smooth again. I tried moving the Logo to the top left of the backgkass monitor so that it did not appear to overlay TPA and it still stuttered/sliced. I guess the logo overlays the who screen.
    i was just gonna suggest that. darn

your running windows 7 64bit right? aero on and off causes issues with certain things i recall but i can't remember what(use to do that for pvr software)

i got an other idea just to try and see if its related to the tv playfield itself
    can you setup your system so the backglass is monitor one and shows the playfield and the playfield monitor is display 2 and acts as the backglass and run it and see if the studdering follows the playfield or what it does?

you can setup custom timing options in your advanced display settings for windows.
    My palyfield is 60hz and my backglass monitor/tv says its using 59hz (nvidia says they're both 60hz) i'd be tempted to try adjusting those to and see what happens

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast