Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first FarSight post in this thread.   Thread: Master List of Issues Within the PC Version

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got the 3.5M bonus and Cactus Jack's-twice in fact. The goal never triggered.

A broken goal in TPA-that's a new one.
    "Johnny can pinball and johnny can talk tough.....but johnny can't read"

-Don Henley

My Devices
    P.C.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xAzatothx View Post
    Trying to launch DX11 TPA in portrait crashes the application. Happens every time once you get past the initial splash screen. Worked fine on previous versions.

Works OK in Landscape.

Same problem here as well.

DX9 portrait and DX 11 landscape work without crashing. I tried reinstalling the newest nvidia drivers with DDU, but that didn't help. Haven't tried an older driver yet.

Running a GTX 1080 at 1440x2560 on Windows 10

My Devices
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was in 1.60.8?

My Devices
    PC, Android
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    NOTE: No longer classified as an issue:

Twilight Zone:

Light sequences are wrong or off when compared to the actual machine. For instance, multiball should start out slow, then build up as the sounds do, instead of being quick and finished right before the explosion. Turns out, the enhanced lamp effects were added/fixed in 9.4H, the Home ROM, which will never see light in TPA. Observed between videos of different TZ's being played. Here's how it should be.

This was something I pondered for ages, comparing between videos and different recreations/machines of TZ. When I noticed that the same machine suffered as well, I looked into the different ROMs and the changelog over at Planetary Pinball. Turned out, they enhanced the light shows specifically for the Home version of 9.4. Darn shame, too. It would have been nice to see a non-home 9.4. PAPA uses 9.2 as well in their tournaments, which further leads to my conclusion of this issue being non-relevant.

Hopefully they'll end up releasing an official 9.4 soon. That issue has been bugging me, and it would really be nice to see some of those enhanced lamp effects make it in to TPA.

Example video of the 9.2 ROM, also used in TPA: (3:50)

Fixes later noticed:

Cyclone:

• The Ferris Wheel light is making the BONUS light flash at times.
    • The Ducks 25K light is making the Mystery Wheel arrow light flash at times.
    • The Ducks 50K light is making the right outlane EB light flash at times.
    • The Ducks Light EB light is making the top green wheel light on the backglass flash at times.
    • The Top Lane 1 light is making the bottom green wheel light on the backglass flash at times.
    • The Top Lane 2 light is making the 7X light flash at times.
    • The Top Lane 3 light is making the 1 Million Jackpot light on the backglass flash at times.
    • The middle Duck target light is flashing at times.
    • The DOUBLE light is flashing at times.

Swords of Fury:

• The Bonus (Magic) Special lights flash the 1,000,000 Jackpot light.
    • The Left Outlane Advance light flashes the 100K Magic Target light between the slingshots.
    • The Right Outlane Collect light flashes the "A" target in AVENGER.
    • The Bonus 1X light flashes the 150k white light, which scores for the Avengers value.
    • The Bonus 2X light flashes the 30k green light at Ogre's Alley.
    • The Bonus 4X light flashes the Release Titans light at the left side of the playfield.
    • Something flashes the Right Outlane Advance light.
    • Something flashes the 250K Avenger value light.
    • Something flashes the 2X Multiball Value light.
    • Something flashes the Avenge Again light.
    • Something flashes the Magic Special light.
    • Something flashes the 500K green light at Ogre's Alley.
    • Something flashes the Magic Special lights.
    • Something flashes the Extra Ball Avenger value light.
    Last edited by Pinballwiz45b; 04-09-2017 at 04:45 PM.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In 1.60.8 (DX9), exiting TPA locks my computer, fixable only by a restart. DX11 does not have this problem as far as I know.

I was using DX9 to see if any of the wizard goals which won't trigger in DX11 (CJ, AGBGOAWT) will in DX9. Wasn't good enough to confirm this LOL.

-Don Henley

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK FarSight. I've just had a game of Al's Garage Band where I have scored a 200M jackpot three times-and not once did the goal trigger.

A few weeks ago, I got the 3.5M bonus on Cactus Jack's, but that goal never triggered.

Gladiators and Doctor Who: Masters of Time were released with no goals or achievements unlocking.

Bone Busters Inc. took a month to finally make the "3 specials" goal unlockable.

Although BB, Gladiators, and DW:MoT were fixed, I've noticed a troubling trend where you're creating tables with bugged goals.

There are two achievements I should now have, but don't. Wonder-freakin'-ful!

I'd try these in DX9, but I have to do a hard reset on my computer just to leave TPA.

-Don Henley

My Devices
    iPad Pro 12.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is a PC thread (I use a tablet to play), but I'm curious if the class of 1812 > 60 million goal is broken on PC as well. Scored 63 million + and it didn't register. I've yet to be able to achieve a score over that since, so I don't know if it was a one time fluke, or an active issue.

8.   Click here to go to the next FarSight post in this thread.   #333
    FarSight Employee
    My Devices
    all
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rehtroboi40 View Post
    OK FarSight. I've just had a game of Al's Garage Band where I have scored a 200M jackpot three times-and not once did the goal trigger.

A few weeks ago, I got the 3.5M bonus on Cactus Jack's, but that goal never triggered.

Gladiators and Doctor Who: Masters of Time were released with no goals or achievements unlocking.

Bone Busters Inc. took a month to finally make the "3 specials" goal unlockable.

Although BB, Gladiators, and DW:MoT were fixed, I've noticed a troubling trend where you're creating tables with bugged goals.

I'd try these in DX9, but I have to do a hard reset on my computer just to leave TPA.
    I'll have someone look into it today. Thanks for the list!

Quote Originally Posted by Iguana View Post
    I know this is a PC thread (I use a tablet to play), but I'm curious if the class of 1812 > 60 million goal is broken on PC as well. Scored 63 million + and it didn't register. I've yet to be able to achieve a score over that since, so I don't know if it was a one time fluke, or an active issue.
    We'll look into it and I'll get back to you.

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iguana View Post
    I registered that goal on Android quite recently. I've had it completed on PC for ages.
    "You've got an arm like a wet rag!" - The Dummy, Hurricane (Williams, 1991)
    "Ace of Clubs?!" - Bride of Pin*Bot, Jack*Bot (Williams, 1995)
    "You have been terminated. Have a nice day!" - Candy 2000, Safe Cracker (Williams, 1996)

Wizard Goals remaining: Safe Cracker 26 [Unique] Tokens (19/26 collected); F-14 250K Launch Bonus; Frankie 150M Creature Jackpot, Complete CREATURE

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlippyFloppy View Post
    I'll have someone look into it today. Thanks for the list!

We'll look into it and I'll get back to you.
    Wow-quick response! But the DX9 is probably most important-hard resets are no good for computers.

-Don Henley

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since the new UI, dx 9 feels like it takes twice as long as the dx 11 to browse the menu on my GTX960. Anyone else experience the longer delays in the UI experience?

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by relaxation View Post
    Since the new UI, dx 9 feels like it takes twice as long as the dx 11 to browse the menu on my GTX960. Anyone else experience the longer delays in the UI experience?
    It's not unbearable (at least not as long as SPA), but it's still longer.

-Don Henley

13.   Click here to go to the next FarSight post in this thread.   #338
    FarSight Employee Brandon Garvin's Avatar
    My Devices
    PC, Android
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In 1.60.8 (DX9), exiting TPA locks my computer, fixable only by a restart. DX11 does not have this problem as far as I know.

I was using DX9 to see if any of the wizard goals which won't trigger in DX11 (CJ, AGBGOAWT) will in DX9. Wasn't good enough to confirm this LOL.
    What hardware are you running the game with? And have you sent an email to support@farsightstudios.com? I haven't been able to reproduce this in the office, and I don't think we've had any other reports of this problem.

We're looking into the issue people have been having with the 200M jackpot goal on AGBGOAWT, but so far it's only happened sporadically for us. Most of the time the goal seems to be awarded fine, but other times the check completely fails. We should be able to fix it before the update goes out though.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Garvin View Post
    What hardware are you running the game with? And have you sent an email to support@farsightstudios.com? I haven't been able to reproduce this in the office, and I don't think we've had any other reports of this problem.

We're looking into the issue people have been having with the 200M jackpot goal on AGBGOAWT, but so far it's only happened sporadically for us. Most of the time the goal seems to be awarded fine, but other times the check completely fails. We should be able to fix it before the update goes out though.
    HP Envy 700 PC
    Windows 10 64-Bit
    AMD A10-7700K Radeon R7 3.4 GHz
    NVIDIA GTX 950 GPU
    12GB Ram

Also, I will make sure to send an e-mail to support. Thank you for looking into those issues.

-Don Henley

My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow-quick response! But the DX9 is probably most important-hard resets are no good for computers.
    I have not had this problem at all. Did this just happen recently?

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripredacus View Post
    I have not had this problem at all. Did this just happen recently?
    I think it happened with 1.60.7, or maybe .8.

-Don Henley

My Devices
    PC, Android
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Holy Fixes, Batman!

Version 1.61.4 FIXES:

New UI:

If you're using the D-pad on a controller to navigate and change the sort from A-Z to anything else, the view is changed, but the pointer immediately snaps back to A-Z, which also gets the blue highlight.
    Clicking on a Table Icon sounds like it's being selected twice instead of once (one for selecting/clicking, and one right before going into the sub-menu). Much better than before.
    The Pinball Arcade Logo is missing on the front page with the different options (Random, Tournaments, Head to Head, etc.).

Any table with extra HUD elements (other than the ROM) overlap with the Flyer and any menu box that goes over it.

Al's Garage Band:

Game stuck in plunger camera after starting Brain Damage.

Black Rose:

Backglass is fixed. Now the DMD needs adjusting.

Bone Busters:

After playing the Bonus Round, the End Game interface doesn't display.

Cactus Canyon:

DMD is curving on the backglass for some reason.

Centaur:

Added single lights to the backglass. (GAME OVER, for instance)

Centigrade 37:

Missing logo after going into and exiting the leaderboards.

Cirqus Voltaire:

Juggler lock system needs reworked. Badly.
    Super low slope. Played a Cirqus at ReplayFX; this iteration is slow compared to the real thing.
    With the added cue ball capability in Cue Ball Wizard, the menagerie ball needs updating.

Haunted House:

Collision issue on the tip of the Cellar's left flipper. The ball is phasing through that part of the flipper.

High Speed:

The Game Over light is not flashing on the backglass. Lower left corner of the backglass.
    The Match light doesn't exist on the backglass.
    The Ball in Play light doesn't exist on the backglass.

Jack*Bot:

Drop targets are really damp and slow down the ball too much.

Lights Camera Action:

Lamp #31, the 2nd Scene Complete light, is dim.
    The lower two yellow arrows, #56 and #57, on the drop target bank, are dimmed.
    Many of the card lights are dimmed. Lights #71, 72, 73, 74, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 90, 91, 92 ,93, 94, A0, A1, A2, A3, A4, B1, B2, B3, and B4.
    Light #75, the Kickback lane light, is tied in with the Special light at the spinner.
    Light #76 is at the first K light on the backglass. Not sure where it's supposed to be.
    Light #77, the Special light at the spinner, is dimmed.
    Light #83, the fourth K, is tied in with Collect Countdown and Jackpot at the center drops.
    Light #84, the fifth K, is tied in with Enter Stunt Scene and 50K at the center drops.
    Light #85, the Collect Countdown light, coincides with the 100k light on the right visible target.
    Light #86, the Enter Stunt Scene light, is tied with the first Q.
    Light #87, the 100k light at the target, is dim.
    Light #93, the fourth Q, ties in with the 100K light at the loop.
    Light #94, the fifth Q, ties in with the Million light at the loop.
    Light #95, the 100k Loop, ties in with the Special at the loop.
    Light #96, the Million light, coincides with the first J.
    Light B5, the Jackpot light, is dimmed.
    Light B6, the 50K light at the drop targets, is dimmed.

Medieval Madness:

Rare collision issue where the ball can sometimes hop off the right ramp, onto the habitrail, and roll back down the ramp. Can happen when multiple ramp shots are made consecutively.
    An upper left portion of light at the Catapult habitrail remains lit, even though all other GI lights are turned off.

No Fear:

Mechanical sound effects implemented into the DX9 version (ball launch, magnet, kickback, etc.) are not applied to DX11.

Phantom:

Spot targets may be dampening the ball too much.

Pin*Bot:

The Game Over light is missing on the backglass.
    The Match Lamp is missing on the backglass.
    The Ball in Play light is missing on the backglass.

Theatre of Magic:

Mirror above the rollovers is missing entirely.

Twilight Zone:

Ball can end up going through the Camera shot and into the exit area of the Gumball Machine. This can lead to confusion in the ROM and the shot being nullified.
    Metal ramp in the Lock shot is missing. This video shows that metal ramp when stripped of other playfield components: http://youtu.be/00LzUVAzJ8o?t=1m3s

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinballwiz45b View Post
    Holy Fixes, Batman!

Version 1.61.4 FIXES:

New UI:

If you're using the D-pad on a controller to navigate and change the sort from A-Z to anything else, the view is changed, but the pointer immediately snaps back to A-Z, which also gets the blue highlight.
    Clicking on a Table Icon sounds like it's being selected twice instead of once (one for selecting/clicking, and one right before going into the sub-menu). Much better than before.
    The Pinball Arcade Logo is missing on the front page with the different options (Random, Tournaments, Head to Head, etc.).

Any table with extra HUD elements (other than the ROM) overlap with the Flyer and any menu box that goes over it.

Al's Garage Band:

Game stuck in plunger camera after starting Brain Damage.

Black Rose:

Backglass is fixed. Now the DMD needs adjusting.

Bone Busters:

After playing the Bonus Round, the End Game interface doesn't display.

Cactus Canyon:

DMD is curving on the backglass for some reason.

Centaur:

Added single lights to the backglass. (GAME OVER, for instance)

Centigrade 37:

Missing logo after going into and exiting the leaderboards.

Cirqus Voltaire:

Juggler lock system needs reworked. Badly.
    Super low slope. Played a Cirqus at ReplayFX; this iteration is slow compared to the real thing.
    With the added cue ball capability in Cue Ball Wizard, the menagerie ball needs updating.

Haunted House:

Collision issue on the tip of the Cellar's left flipper. The ball is phasing through that part of the flipper.

High Speed:

The Game Over light is not flashing on the backglass. Lower left corner of the backglass.
    The Match light doesn't exist on the backglass.
    The Ball in Play light doesn't exist on the backglass.

Jack*Bot:

Drop targets are really damp and slow down the ball too much.

Lights Camera Action:

Lamp #31, the 2nd Scene Complete light, is dim.
    The lower two yellow arrows, #56 and #57, on the drop target bank, are dimmed.
    Many of the card lights are dimmed. Lights #71, 72, 73, 74, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 90, 91, 92 ,93, 94, A0, A1, A2, A3, A4, B1, B2, B3, and B4.
    Light #75, the Kickback lane light, is tied in with the Special light at the spinner.
    Light #76 is at the first K light on the backglass. Not sure where it's supposed to be.
    Light #77, the Special light at the spinner, is dimmed.
    Light #83, the fourth K, is tied in with Collect Countdown and Jackpot at the center drops.
    Light #84, the fifth K, is tied in with Enter Stunt Scene and 50K at the center drops.
    Light #85, the Collect Countdown light, coincides with the 100k light on the right visible target.
    Light #86, the Enter Stunt Scene light, is tied with the first Q.
    Light #87, the 100k light at the target, is dim.
    Light #93, the fourth Q, ties in with the 100K light at the loop.
    Light #94, the fifth Q, ties in with the Million light at the loop.
    Light #95, the 100k Loop, ties in with the Special at the loop.
    Light #96, the Million light, coincides with the first J.
    Light B5, the Jackpot light, is dimmed.
    Light B6, the 50K light at the drop targets, is dimmed.

Medieval Madness:

Rare collision issue where the ball can sometimes hop off the right ramp, onto the habitrail, and roll back down the ramp. Can happen when multiple ramp shots are made consecutively.
    An upper left portion of light at the Catapult habitrail remains lit, even though all other GI lights are turned off.

No Fear:

Mechanical sound effects implemented into the DX9 version (ball launch, magnet, kickback, etc.) are not applied to DX11.

Phantom:

Spot targets may be dampening the ball too much.

Pin*Bot:

The Game Over light is missing on the backglass.
    The Match Lamp is missing on the backglass.
    The Ball in Play light is missing on the backglass.

Theatre of Magic:

Mirror above the rollovers is missing entirely.

Twilight Zone:

Ball can end up going through the Camera shot and into the exit area of the Gumball Machine. This can lead to confusion in the ROM and the shot being nullified.
    Metal ramp in the Lock shot is missing. This video shows that metal ramp when stripped of other playfield components: http://youtu.be/00LzUVAzJ8o?t=1m3s
    The UI "yellow gibberish" is back again too. Watch out where the huskies go......

-Don Henley

My Devices
    PC, Android
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The UI "yellow gibberish" is back again too. Watch out where the huskies go......
    You mean like from Black Knight and Gorgar?

ROM emulation for those tables will fix that eventually.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinballwiz45b View Post
    You mean like from Black Knight and Gorgar?

ROM emulation for those tables will fix that eventually.
    Actually, I was talking about the entire TPA UI. Every menu that comes up has the yellow gibberish around or in the letters. Not a big deal considering how great Paragon looks, but still should be looked at.

I foresee a future bug in 1.62.xx. It will be listed as "added Wipeout".

-Don Henley

My Devices
    Ipad Air 2, xbox 1S, PC, Iphone 6S, Virtuapin cab, PS4 pro
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the pro tips for Paragon The Arrow is pointing wrong on page 32 and 41. It should be the other way.

On page 32 it should point to the lower target and on 31 it should point to the one in the bumpers

My Devices
    xbox360, PC
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Minor problem - When you select Paragon in the Arcade section, or select it at the Main Menu, you get the music from TOTAN.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shortest fun with a table I've ever had. There's no rollover detection for Paragon. 999,990 is the maximum counted score. Kolchak357's 320,524,110 must be an accident during the beta testing.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe you just need to get 10M before the rollover detection starts /snark

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What happened to Scared Stiff's backglass artwork?

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast