Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Table with Easiest and Hardest Wizard Goals?

My Devices
    PS4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post

There is one on Scared Stiff as well that was really annoying for me - Land in the secret passage. It took a long time before that happened, and it didn't register the first three times I hit it :/ Of course if I ever play it afterwards I land in that passage frequently
    What really gets me is when I try and try and try for a goal , I mean really really aim and set up shots and nothing..only for my girlfriend to get it within 5 minutes not even trying, it has hap[pened a few times, but I don't tell her so she doesn't get a big head
    Pinball like a FREAK!!

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by War Bot View Post
    but I don't tell her so she doesn't get a big head
    I am so tempted to say... just say no just say no

My Devices
    iphone
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Genie 3m, fuel and tcp's UC for me so far. But I'm only half way through season 4 atm. Dracula 300m coffin and poto 5x might also join that list.

Fuel I have done but it didn't register so I just hacked it into the save instead. Can't be arsed to spend ages doing it again just to get around FarSights bug.

Pod
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    PC+Mobile - PHOF Score - 26606: Missing wizard goals seasons 1-4 = 16

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pod View Post
    Genie 3m, fuel and tcp's UC for me so far. But I'm only half way through season 4 atm. Dracula 300m coffin and poto 5x might also join that list.

Fuel I have done but it didn't register so I just hacked it into the save instead. Can't be arsed to spend ages doing it again just to get around FarSights bug.

Pod
    I'm tempted to hack the save just for Al's Garage Band's 200M jackpot. I've earned it five times, but the goal never triggered. Twice I have e-mailed FarSight about that bug and they can't seem to duplicate it. I hate it when bugs prevent you from earning an achievement that is rightfully yours. As much as I despise the tougher goals, I can handle going for them if they are not bugged. Two months after release, FarSight has finally fixed the 300M dog bonus bug in Wipeout. I would have been so mad if I had reached it and earned that bonus but got no achievement since that goal is such a grinder, and one you can only go for at the expense of everything else in the game.
    "You shoot too softly!" -Rodney

My Devices
    iphone
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rehtroboi40 View Post
    I'm tempted to hack the save just for Al's Garage Band's 200M jackpot. I've earned it five times, but the goal never triggered. Twice I have e-mailed FarSight about that bug and they can't seem to duplicate it. I hate it when bugs prevent you from earning an achievement that is rightfully yours. As much as I despise the tougher goals, I can handle going for them if they are not bugged. Two months after release, FarSight has finally fixed the 300M dog bonus bug in Wipeout. I would have been so mad if I had reached it and earned that bonus but got no achievement since that goal is such a grinder, and one you can only go for at the expense of everything else in the game.
    Just in case you didn't know. The save file is protected by a checksum and a cross ref with other file(s). Unless you know what you're doing any tampering will reset everything.
    I've also been unable to follow the backup and restore instructions on the forum (I'm assuming they're out of date and FarSight added more checks) so if you are going to try I suggest you install under another user and play around with that save game first.

Pod

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easiest - The 3-shot ricochet on Black Rose first comes to mind. I got that just by playing normally.

Hardest (that I can think of):

Get 1k in one ball on Central Park. Getting just 100 points in one ball can be a struggle, especially if you never nudge the table.
    Get 3 mil on Genie. I think I've yet to even get one mil on that table, let alone 3!

My Devices
    iphone
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe View Post
    Easiest - The 3-shot ricochet on Black Rose first comes to mind. I got that just by playing normally.

Hardest (that I can think of):

Get 1k in one ball on Central Park. Getting just 100 points in one ball can be a struggle, especially if you never nudge the table.
    Get 3 mil on Genie. I think I've yet to even get one mil on that table, let alone 3!
    1k on one ball on CP isn't anywhere near as hard as some of the others. You'll do it eventually even with minimal nudging (I did it on an iphone 4).

I've now crossed off - 5 planet nuke on Starship troopers (then drained before I could start klandathu!!!), 3 EB/Specials on El Dorado and all 3 levels doubled on Haunted House. Still cant get over 1.5M on Genie and I've now failed the Ultimate challenge on The champion pub 6 times!

Pod

My Devices
    PC/Steam/Windows
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The secret for Ultimate Challenge is the smart punches. Get as many as you can. Take that from every skill shot. You should have 10-12 for the wizard mode, so you can beat just the first three boxers normally then the last two entirely by spamming smart punches.

My Devices
    iphone
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingerik View Post
    The secret for Ultimate Challenge is the smart punches. Get as many as you can. Take that from every skill shot. You should have 10-12 for the wizard mode, so you can beat just the first three boxers normally then the last two entirely by spamming smart punches.
    That's been my plan. I never have 10+ tho. I usually have about 8. 3-5 from new ball skill shots, 1-2 from bar fly, 1-2 from jump rope, 2 from lock ball restarts. Then I use 3 to ko opponents 3-5 to make it harder to bug out UC.
    Doesn't help though. Even trying to avoid the bug yesterday a random slingshot manged to ko opponent 3 I also had another bug where opponent 5 caused the toy to turn around so I was unable to hit him and I ran out of smart punches. He depleted all my life

My Devices
    iphone
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've also started the 26 token safe cracker goal. That's a ****ty goal as well. Not only is it massively random but the game ****s you over due to the bug where it only saves your progress atm if you get a highscore. As such I sometimes forget to go set an easy one in another table and close the app losing the tokens I'd gained that session. I've reported this to FarSight but dunno when it'll be fixed.
    The other annoyance is that it's also bugged on android so you can't see your coin collection at all so I can't even morally claim I've managed to collect them all if I did.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've also started the 26 token safe cracker goal. That's a ****ty goal as well. Not only is it massively random but the game ****s you over due to the bug where it only saves your progress atm if you get a highscore. As such I sometimes forget to go set an easy one in another table and close the app losing the tokens I'd gained that session. I've reported this to FarSight but dunno when it'll be fixed.
    The other annoyance is that it's also bugged on android so you can't see your coin collection at all so I can't even morally claim I've managed to collect them all if I did.
    There are people on the boards who have played SC more than 1,000 times and still only have 20-25 of the 26 unique tokens. I personally have 25. But you are right-it may perhaps be the worst goal in all of TPA-even the 3M Genie goal-also a maddening grinder-is attainable. You just have to have the patience.

BTW, good call on not trying to hack the goals. I haven't tried it yet and probably won't do so. But I hate that FarSight cannot (probably through no fault of their own) duplicate the 200M jackpot in Al's Garage Band wizard goal not popping. I know we get bugged goals every now and then (Taxi double-cross and F-14 250K landing bonus), but at least those get fixed relatively quickly, but this is one I would like to put to rest as I have achieved this five times already.

BTW-a long time ago, I earned the CP ultimate challenge goal just nanoseconds before draining the last ball. Thankfully the goal triggered. Talk about luck!!
    Last edited by rehtroboi40; 10-19-2017 at 03:15 AM.
    "You shoot too softly!" -Rodney

My Devices
    iphone
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well win Ultimate challenge finally fell. Next up is either genie 3m or Dracula 300m coffin. I was one shot away from 240m yesterday and I had to quit with at least 1 ball left due to a lack of time.

Pod

My Devices
    iphone
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Upped Genie score to 1.85 from 1.75. Not much but I drained 3 of the balls with EB's lit on the table and none of the balls I had managed to get more than one bonus hole shot in. I feel like a little more dedication to this table (instead of going off and doing other tables) and I could bridge the gap to making multiple bonus collects and the goal would fall.

Pod

My Devices
    iphone
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rehtroboi40 View Post
    Speaking of wipe out. I started this table a few days ago. Can you tell me what awards the 3 super jackpot goal? I got 4 individual ones in one game but it didn't award so I wonder if it means you need a 3x super jackpot but I don't want to waste my time chasing that if it's just one of those failed to award bugs as it's way harder because of the lame way you can't send balls up the lift until another ball has started its desent. Plus there's the very dangerous drop targets to relight the lift on each super you store away

My Devices
    Android, iOS, Mac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of wipe out. I started this table a few days ago. Can you tell me what awards the 3 super jackpot goal? I got 4 individual ones in one game but it didn't award so I wonder if it means you need a 3x super jackpot but I don't want to waste my time chasing that if it's just one of those failed to award bugs as it's way harder because of the lame way you can't send balls up the lift until another ball has started its desent. Plus there's the very dangerous drop targets to relight the lift on each super you store away
    I'm pretty sure you have to get all 3 jackpots on a single ball. I think it can be separate multiball events on the same ball, but it must all be done on a single ball.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by strells View Post
    I'm pretty sure you have to get all 3 jackpots on a single ball. I think it can be separate multiball events on the same ball, but it must all be done on a single ball.

It's three consecutive jackpots on one multiball. You must hit all three gate rollovers, get the first jackpot, then relight the gates at the three drop targets. That needs to be done three times on the same multiball.

My Devices
    iphone
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gordonabrown View Post
    It's three consecutive jackpots on one multiball. You must hit all three gate rollovers, get the first jackpot, then relight the gates at the three drop targets. That needs to be done three times on the same multiball.
    Ah. That's easier than I thought. I thought you had to get all 3 lit before you collected them and that you had to reopen the gate via the drop targets.
    I had a go this morning and using traps I found it reasonably easy to do the loop. It's just hitting the crud ramp that's a little tricky (all on android) but I'm sure I'll get the goal in the near future.
    300m dog seems like it'll be the hardest goal

Pod

My Devices
    iphone
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can confirm it works on one ball over multiple multiballs.

Now just 300m dog bonus to go. Any tips? Seems super random due to chances of an unlucky bounce going to the out lanes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123