Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first FarSight post in this thread.   Thread: Head to Head Public Beta

My Devices
    xbox360, PC
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, didn't play F14 today. And the leaderboards are wonky all over board.

Just looked up the boards on TPA's site. Those seem to be correct, so it's a glitch on Steam's end.

Correction: It's a glitch in the beta edition.
    Last edited by dave950lam; 10-26-2016 at 06:40 AM.

My Devices
    xbox360, PC
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to see the beta is back. Getting a strange bug where when a match ends, the game crashes. Other times you go back to the lobby and you look for another match, the opponents HUD pops up and sometimes your HUD does too.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=789750387

Another little glitch is the countdown clock is blocked by the opponents HUD, except for the minutes (which is in blue text.
    Last edited by dave950lam; 10-29-2016 at 03:58 PM.

My Devices
    xbox360, PC
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need to have the opponents HUD moved. It blocks the left flipper.
    Last edited by dave950lam; 10-30-2016 at 03:33 AM.

My Devices
    pc
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well finally played 1st match don't know who won, that's a little frustrating.

My Devices
    xbox360, PC
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll try to get screenshots of timed match to get a look at the clock.

My Devices
    Galaxy Tab S2 9.7, PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the release of Bone Busters Inc. H2H has been activated on the live version. I've been working with Stephen to iron out some more bugs, and it's working fairly decent at the moment. It's not perfect, and we all know it, but it has improved.

I would like to invite you to test H2H in the live version and note all bugs in this thread. Stephen will look here and try to squash as many bugs as possible before the next update. Please keep this constructive, Stephen is doing a lot on improving this game mode, which is already fun and will sure be even better in the future.

Known issues:

• The button for the game modes is currently not working correctly. After switching from "High Score" to "5 Min.", clicking on the button doesn't change to "10 Min." Instead it stays on "5 Min."
    • When the opponent finished the game, the player is not notified any more, when he has won the game (and could stop playing)
    • When starting a game, you might see the opponent's score of the last game he played, rather than the live score
    • Connection issues (players getting the message of "Game starting" - "Match found" - but the countdown doesn't start
    • Sometimes the end of game screen changes the opponent's score to the player's score.
    • The end game screen doesn't update the opponent's score, if he is still playing

Fixed issues:

• When starting a game the 2 players might end up playing on different tables
    • Message about having to purchase a table, although you own the table

If you run into any issues, which should be fixed, please note it in this thread. Same for new issues. Please give as many details as possible, how often issues occurred etc. Screenshots are useful as well.

Thanks. I will update this list with any new issues or fixes.

My Devices
    Galaxy Tab S2 9.7, PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should get a new patch tomorrow morning (US time) which should solve these issues:

• The button for the game modes is currently not working correctly. After switching from "High Score" to "5 Min.", clicking on the button doesn't change to "10 Min." Instead it stays on "5 Min."
    • When starting a game, you might see the opponent's score of the last game he played, rather than the live score
    • Connection issues (players getting the message of "Game starting" - "Match found" - but the countdown doesn't start
    • Sometimes the end of game screen changes the opponent's score to the player's score.

If you still run into connection issues after the next patch, please add the specs of your machine as well as internet connection speed to a report.

Junior Member VirtualPinballFanatic's Avatar
    My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Head to Head Public Beta

Last night I played with lordsqueak during my twitch stream, was a lot of fun, despite all the mentioned issues. I end up restarting tpa after each game to get a game going. Can't wait for the new version.

Twitch video of last night: https://www.twitch.tv/virtualpinballfanatic/v/98793363
    Last edited by VirtualPinballFanatic; 11-04-2016 at 02:25 AM.

My Devices
    xbox360, PC
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VPF, how do you get the transparent opponent HUD?

Junior Member VirtualPinballFanatic's Avatar
    My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dave950lam View Post
    VPF, how do you get the transparent opponent HUD?
    I didn't do anything to get that, I use version 1.55.8 DX11 with my monitor in portrait mode.

My Devices
    xbox360, PC
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I tried portrait mode, but it flips my screen on its side, but can flip the monitor, so have to keep landscape.

Btw, dx11 version 1.55.8

My Devices
    Galaxy Tab S2 9.7, PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The next update is on the open beta only, as FarSight didn't want to patch on a Friday - the current version is 1.55.10 in beta.

Please report any bugs in this thread, thanks.

My Devices
    Galaxy Tab S2 9.7, PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, here is some feedback/updates for the 1.55.10 Beta version:

Known issues:

• When the opponent finished the game, the player is not notified any more, when he has won the game (and could stop playing)
      (Improved in this version)
    • The end game screen doesn't update the opponent's score, if he is still playing
      (Improved in this version, you can now still see the HUD with the opponent's score)
    • In a 5 min. game after the countdown has ended, it restarted with 5:00 again. This has happened twice on The Addams family
      (New)
    • In the Lobby, the player count is not updating
      (New on the list, but already known)
    • Sometimes, HUD elements are still remaining on the screen after a game has ended
      (New on the list, but already known - more of an UI issue)
    • Not possible to exit the game other than draining the ball
      (New)
    • If Judge Dredd is the selected, it's possible to select either normal game or Super game. Each player can select independently, so one player could end up playing normal, while the other is playing Super game. Probably the same with Safe Cracker.
      (New)
    • Opponent's score HUD is blocking the view of the flippers in smaller resolutions.
      (New on the list, but already known)

Fixed issues:

(Cycling through the modes is still a bit messed, as it cycles like this: "High Score" - "10 Minutes" - "High Score" - "5 Min." "10 min")
    • When starting a game the 2 players might end up playing on different tables
    • Message about having to purchase a table, although you own the table

Feature wishlist

• In the lobby, have an option to see, who are the other players
    • Give players an opportunity to challenge a specific player in the lobby
    • Show, which ball # the opponent is playing
    • Change the orb's colour to green, if the opponent has finished playing and the player is in the lead (=has won the game already)
    • Show in the lobby, how many players are currently playing this mode in total. Otherwise there will always the impression of nobody being online.
    Last edited by Xanija; 11-11-2016 at 08:00 AM. Reason: 3 new items, one further detail

My Devices
    Galaxy Tab S2 9.7, PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more thing: Dave noticed in a stream, that the opponent's point HUD is transparent, when the screen was in portrait mode. I tried it myself, and this occurred as well (I didn't change any settings). But it also lead to an error with the opponent's name. Please see yourself:

My Devices
    Galaxy Tab S2 9.7, PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Version 1.55.10 has been brought live. Currently there is no new Beta version. Please keep on testing.

My Devices
    xbox360, PC
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New issue cropped up. Game crashes when you try the online play (head to head). But picking any other option in the main menu works normally.

V 1.55.10

17.   Click here to go to the next FarSight post in this thread.   #142
    FarSight Employee
    My Devices
    all
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New issue cropped up. Game crashes when you try the online play (head to head). But picking any other option in the main menu works normally.

V 1.55.10
    I'll pass it on, thanks for the report!

My Devices
    xbox360, PC
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried the beta, had a few games with Xanija.....Had some of the usual difficulties but got in a few games. Timed games stop at 0 but the game crashes when it hits.

My Devices
    xbox360, PC
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried the beta, had a few games with Xanija.....Had some of the usual difficulties but got in a few games. Timed games stop at 0 but the game crashes when it hits.
    Bumping this for the current version: 1.57.12

20.   Click here to go to the next FarSight post in this thread.   #145
    FarSight Employee
    My Devices
    all
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bumping this for the current version: 1.57.12
    I forwarded it to our programmer.

My Devices
    xbox360, PC
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that the mlp tournament is over, been in the online lobby looking for matches. Seem to be have trouble getting games started.....Would get matches, but things seem to bog down.

Are the devs playing the game to see how it works first hand or just proof-reading the program? Just wondering....If they can try play the game, please do, as seeing these issues from our view could hopefully give a hint as to what is causing hang-ups in games starting. If they are already playing the game just disregard my last statement.

BTW, if I get into a timed match, I'll report what happened when the clock hits 0.

My Devices
    PC, Steam
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried it also. But the online playing mode doesn`t seem to work. Or is there nobody out there to play? I got one opponent, but nothing happened.

Edit 01/21/2017; It worked today...played some online games...you have to wait a few minutes. Nice and thx to all who made this thing called TPA happen.
    Last edited by Axlsgolden; 01-21-2017 at 02:37 PM.
    "I hate these outlanes".

My Devices
    xbox360, PC
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had a 5 minute match. My game ended but I waited around until the clock ran out, and it crashed.

My Devices
    PC, Steam
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today morning I couldn`t get into the online mode. Nothing happened. From time to time, mostly in the evening (Central Europe Time) it seems to operate.
    "I hate these outlanes".

My Devices
    xbox360, PC
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update from last post:

Was able to get into a couple timed matches last night and the timer ran out, but no crash. Was taken back to the 'lobby' to look for more matches.

I'm thinking that when this is a finished product we'll get an actual number of people who are in the queue, but it seems to be harder to match up an opponent after you end a game.

Update: just had a timed match with dep, and the game crashed when the timer hit 0.
    Last edited by dave950lam; 01-23-2017 at 06:12 AM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast