Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first FarSight post in this thread.   Thread: Master List of Issues: Stern Pinball Arcade

My Devices
    Samsung s5 (android), PS3, PC
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xAzatothx View Post
    It must be something contractural with Stern related to releases and patches. Doesn't make sense not to fix a game breaking bug which harms brand and PR and future sales. Game breaking bugs within TPA are fixed quickly (PC and Android).
    Farsight? Make sense?? Lol ha ha ha ha ha ah
    Most Wanted: 1. Spider-Man 2. LOTR 3. Shadow
    Twitch stream: www.twitch.tv/switch3TV

My Devices
    PC, XBox One, Galaxy S5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xbox One Issues

Excessive load times:

From the main splash screen (Stern Pinball Arcade, Press A to start) it takes 27 seconds to bring up the virtual arcade and menu screen (Select table, Challenges etc)
    It then takes a further 21 seconds to load a table, and it takes 27 seconds to come back out of a table when you've played a game to select a different table.

When you press the yellow "START" button to go into a table, it takes a few seconds before the camera zooms in to play, and when it does, the frame rate drops considerably and it does not zoom in smoothly.

When you pause a table, the camera scrolls out to display the various options on the pinball table, however the frame rate drops considerably when it pans out so it looks very clunky - this also happens when you un-pause the game in reverse, when the camera scrolls back in the frame rate drops and it looks very clunky again
    Last edited by francis247uk; 03-25-2017 at 11:59 PM.

My Devices
    Steam PC, PS Vita
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soooo, it's the end of May....
    -Amist

My Devices
    Android, iOS, Mac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm surprised there's nothing in here about SPA on Android almost always crashing when starting AC/DC. If I'm lucky on my Shield, it will start and play fine. But most of the time, I get the loading screen and then SPA just quits.

My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its been awhile, I played a bit yesterday and these are my issues I noticed. This is for Steam version.

Base game
    - Game still opens in small box/wrong resolution. ALT+Enter puts at full screen once/twice/whatever, the resolution is still incorrect.
    - Enter key when used in combination with ALT+Enter also is used in GUI, so you can choose things by accident this way. Of course if the game ran at the correct video settings from the beginning, this wouldn't be an issue.

All games (I only can play 5)
    - If you use both flippers to cancel/speed up bonus at end of your last ball, you cannot use the flippers to enter initials. Mouse will work. Unknown for keyboard (didn't try). On Xbox 360 controller, you can use the D pad to select initials.
    - Initial entry (this is true on TPA also) on certain tables is still laggy or some delay. Some times the key action is not done at all.

Mustang
    - Got high score and after entering initials, the DMD switches between 3 different scenes constantly. Can't do anything and the select GUI is on the screen. After about a minute it does go away and the DMD returns to normal, but the initials/high score are not saved.
    - No table goals are triggered when accomplished.

Harley Davidson
    - balls can clip through each other in multiball and clip through the flippers. Example: try to trap two on right flipper, but the ball goes through the other ball and the flipper and drains.

Ripley's Believe it or not
    - Has the delay on entering initials mentioned above.
    - When entering initials, the large DMD that is part of the cabinet 3D model just says Ripley's Believe It or Not and does not match the small DMD on the left (or as per your settings) where you can choose the initials. After entering initials, the DMD on the 3D model still stays at the logo and does not do any attract animations.
    - Had some issue during a the mode where you hit the head, but suddenly there was a repeating sound. I was able to continue to play the ball but when I drained it did not reset to the next ball, count bonus or anything. Call Attendant said the ball was not stuck. You could tilt and the repeated sound would continue to play and no way to start the next ball. I think a relative IRL behaviour is that it did not recognize the ball had drained. The only option then is to quit the game/table and try it again.

Frankenstein
    - No table goals are triggered when accomplished.

That's it!

My Devices
    Windows PC, Android, PS3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On AC/DC it is impossible to hit the "R" on the "ROCK" standups from a trap on the left flipper. It may also be impossible to hit the "K". I'm not 100% sure on the "K" because I might have achieved it once. Maybe somebody else can verify?
    TPA wish list - Defender, Road Kings, Barracora, Blackout, Embryon, Mata Hari
    Stern wish list - The Walking Dead, LOTR, Transformers, TRON, X-Men, The Sopranos, Terminator 3, CSI

My Devices
    iPad3, PS3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Star Trek, medals and combo champions aren’t saved. iOS

My Devices
    iOS, Steam
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think both pinball arcades can only save scores, so stuff like system 11 jackpots, loop champions, and others reset when you quit the table.

My Devices
    Fire HD 8 tablet, Fire TV, ipad.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm getting a horrible white circle during play in SPA on ipad. Seems to happen on Mustang and Star Trek, I haven't tried the others. It's to the lower left of the screen, has a white dot in the middle and turns green when I press it.
    "Pinball is about... about a sort of satisfying feeling when you're playing the game when you're flipping it up, flipping at the ball." -Pat Lawlor.

10.   This is the last FarSight post in this thread.   #110
    FarSight Employee Brandon Garvin's Avatar
    My Devices
    PC, Android
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_194 View Post
    I'm getting a horrible white circle during play in SPA on ipad. Seems to happen on Mustang and Star Trek, I haven't tried the others. It's to the lower left of the screen, has a white dot in the middle and turns green when I press it.
    We'll have a fix out for that issue soon.

My Devices
    ipad, ps4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iOS SPA Ghostbusters... Missing textures on clear plasticks (i.e. ectoglasses, right ramp entrance, left captive ball cover, slingshoots plastic connections - just over the inlanes etc...), not working leaderboard, joystick overlay on the left side of the table... and i hope crossbuy with TPA will be working in both ways.

Android SPA GB random slowdowns (Samsung Galaxy S7E - reset, other apps closed, cache cleared) always with notifications & sometimes even without.

Steam TPA GB - no comment (even sound no bother me) - best version ever, gr8 dx11 lightning, super enjoyable table (especially portrait with x-arcade tankstick). THX.

PS. Can't wait 4 rift ver.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G935F przy użyciu Tapatalka

My Devices
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Garvin View Post
    We'll have a fix out for that issue soon.
    Thank you.
    "Pinball is about... about a sort of satisfying feeling when you're playing the game when you're flipping it up, flipping at the ball." -Pat Lawlor.

My Devices
    PC, Android
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Version 1.2.7 Fixes:

General:

PC: Leaderboards seem to be broken. Score of 306k on Mustang can be registered regardless of score.

Star Trek:

PC: Timing out modes crashes the game.
    Last edited by Pinballwiz45b; 11-08-2017 at 04:37 PM.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinballwiz45b View Post
    Version 1.2.7 Fixes:

General:

PC: Leaderboards seem to be broken. Score of 306k on Mustang can be registered regardless of score.

Star Trek:

PC: Timing out modes crashes the game.
    Ghostbusters is NOT cross-buy, if anyone was wondering. Let's put that false rumor to rest-if you have it in TPA, you must still pay to play it in SPA (on the Steam version anyway). Which is not worth it because......

SPA doesn't even work. Eleven months and now this? Can't wait for the next update eleven months (or likely more) from now.

Sticking with TPA and eagerly awaiting the final four tables. Wild Card, Spanish Eyes and ? and ?

SPA....C-YA wouldn't wanna B-YA!
    Last edited by rehtroboi40; 11-08-2017 at 05:23 PM.
    "You shoot too softly!" -Rodney

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rehtroboi40 View Post
    Ghostbusters is NOT cross-buy, if anyone was wondering. Let's put that false rumor to rest-if you have it in TPA, you must still pay to play it in SPA. Which is not worth it because......

SPA doesn't even work. Eleven months and now this? Can't wait for the next update eleven months (or likely more) from now.

Sticking with TPA and eagerly awaiting the final four tables. Wild Card, Spanish Eyes and ? and ?
    Ghostbusters isn't even released in Steam SPA yet, so how anyone can claim cross buy isn't working is beyond me.

Cross buy is working just fine in Android.

I know nothing about iOS.

"You've got an arm like a wet rag!" - The Dummy, Hurricane (Williams, 1991)
    "Ace of Clubs?!" - Bride of Pin*Bot, Jack*Bot (Williams, 1995)
    "You have been terminated. Have a nice day!" - Candy 2000, Safe Cracker (Williams, 1996)

Wizard Goals remaining: Safe Cracker 26 [Unique] Tokens (19/26 collected); F-14 250K Launch Bonus; Frankie 150M Creature Jackpot, Complete CREATURE

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EldarOfSuburbia View Post
    Ghostbusters isn't even released in Steam SPA yet, so how anyone can claim cross buy isn't working is beyond me.

Cross buy is working just fine in Android.

I know nothing about iOS.

Of course, no sooner do I say that, I go to Facebook and see the announcement. Anyway - I have Ghostbusters unlocked in SPA and can play it with no problems. I didn't need to do anything to get it.

So the Star Trek crash bug is fixed? Will go verify that I guess.
    "You have been terminated. Have a nice day!" - Candy 2000, Safe Cracker (Williams, 1996)

Wizard Goals remaining: Safe Cracker 26 [Unique] Tokens (19/26 collected); F-14 250K Launch Bonus; Frankie 150M Creature Jackpot, Complete CREATURE

My Devices
    PC, Android
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EldarOfSuburbia View Post
    Of course, no sooner do I say that, I go to Facebook and see the announcement. Anyway - I have Ghostbusters unlocked in SPA and can play it with no problems. I didn't need to do anything to get it.

So the Star Trek crash bug is fixed? Will go verify that I guess.
    Yeah, I went ahead and tested out Prime Directive II and timing it out no longer crashes the game. So that's a big plus.

About time too.

My Devices
    Ipad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ripley's borked

Got this when I opened Ripley's after the Ghostbusters update (iOS),

https://www.flickr.com/photos/23532356@N08/24404457958/

I was able to play, just the playfield anomalies.
    Last edited by David Greene; 11-08-2017 at 06:21 PM.

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinballwiz45b View Post
    Yeah, I went ahead and tested out Prime Directive II and timing it out no longer crashes the game. So that's a big plus.

About time too.
    From what I was told in the Android beta G+ group, it wasn't an easy fix.

Still it was my #1 reason for not playing SPA at all, so happy now

My Devices
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David Greene View Post
    Got this when I opened Ripley's after the Ghostbusters update (iOS),

https://www.flickr.com/photos/23532356@N08/24404457958/

I was able to play, just the playfield anomalies.
    Having the exact same issue. I'm sure things are being worked on and everything, SPA on iOS is almost unplayable at the moment for me. You could say these glitches are anything but fun. Please fix soon, as many paying customers are eager to enjoy your game! Don't mean to be derogatory in any way, I really appreciate the Pinball Arcade games but as a customer I feel like quality control should be tightened some. I'm not a programmer but I have a voice in my head saying "They should aim to release fixes for these almost game breaking glitches as fast as possible". I'm not usually one who feels entitled to much of anything but I've supported these games over and over on different platforms, like a lot of people have.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've encountered a small bug for Star Trek. The ramps are not being lit when superramps are supposed to be lit. The lighting looks really weird in general though. It seems that the right ramp is always lit right from the start and the left ramp is always dark.

My Devices
    Windows PC, Android, PS3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm playing Ghostbusters on Steam. When I go to the "Options" menu and try to adjust "Table Brightness" or "Ambient Brightness", it adjusts the "Volume" slider instead ("Volume" also adjust "Volume" as it should).
    TPA wish list - Defender, Road Kings, Barracora, Blackout, Embryon, Mata Hari
    Stern wish list - The Walking Dead, LOTR, Transformers, TRON, X-Men, The Sopranos, Terminator 3, CSI

My Devices
    iPhone, wii u
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please fix the DMD displays on iOS. Right now they're tiny and dimly lit. It works ok on iPad but on an iPhone the DMD is hardly legible.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345