Click here to go to the first FarSight post in this thread.   Thread: Star Trek Leaderboard Reset

My Devices
    iOS, PSN
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Star Trek Leaderboard Reset

I am pretty sure the star trek leaderboards need to be reset. One of my first games I played after SPA was first launched got logged at 8 billon and change. That is a pretty insane score for star trek (i think half a billion on a real table would draw a crowd).

Thing is I am not sitting pretty on the leaderboards (8 billion gets you the #192 spot) - and I think the rest (most?) of the scores may be glitched too.

For example Tarek, vikings, dizzier etc. have 900+ TRILLION on my iOS leaderboard for star trek - the score is actually cut off because it doesn't fit the score screen.

Also not sure why i am seeing pc and psn players on a mobile leader board - don't want to compete against you analog micro-nudgers.

mobile = nudge nudge tilt (we are hardcore)

My Devices
    Playstation 3, iOS, Playstation 4
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The psn and PC users use the same leaderboards as mobile in regular TPA too.

My Devices
    PC/Steam/Windows
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't even bought SPA, so I have no idea what my name would be doing on an iOS leaderboard for it. Someone's messing around.

I am, however, not a filthy analog micro-nudger. Keyboard master race.

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingerik View Post
    I haven't even bought SPA, so I have no idea what my name would be doing on an iOS leaderboard for it. Someone's messing around.

I am, however, not a filthy analog micro-nudger. Keyboard master race.
    Nobody's messing around, it's just the same cross-leaderboard posting bugs we've been seeing lately.
    "You've got an arm like a wet rag!" - The Dummy, Hurricane (Williams, 1991)
    "Ace of Clubs?!" - Bride of Pin*Bot, Jack*Bot (Williams, 1995)
    "You have been terminated. Have a nice day!" - Candy 2000, Safe Cracker (Williams, 1996)

Wizard Goals remaining: Safe Cracker 26 [Unique] Tokens (19/26 collected); F-14 250K Launch Bonus; Frankie 150M Creature Jackpot, Complete CREATURE

My Devices
    iOS, PSN
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EldarOfSuburbia View Post
    Nobody's messing around, it's just the same cross-leaderboard posting bugs we've been seeing lately.
    Thanks didn't know that -database bug?. Has this been happening in TPA and has farsight ever addressed/fixed it?

Mustang is affected too. ACDc is OK.
    POtO -I have a score of 288 million and in 4,655 place
    That score is def coming from somewhere else.

Don't usually score chase TPA - but wanted to give it a go for SPA. Hope they fix!

My pinball priorities.
    1. Have fun and get better
    2. Compete in tournaments and hang with pinball peeps
    3. Get your initials on the machine (atta-boy)

My Devices
    PC, iPad 2 & iPad Air 2 (main)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inputting initials is all fine, but in the mean time, my Star Trek scores are not going up on the correct leaderboard. I got stuck on a 33M score that somehow did stick, but my 270M is wasted or posted incorrectly elsewhere...iPad Air 2.
    iOS HOF 58.389 as of September 28, 2016

7.   This is the last FarSight post in this thread.   #7
    FarSight Employee Brandon Garvin's Avatar
    My Devices
    PC, Android
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're aware of the leaderboard issues and are trying to get them sorted out ASAP. I believe this should be fixed by the next patch for both SPA and TPA, but I have no concrete information on when we're releasing those patches at this time.

My Devices
    iOS, PSN
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Garvin View Post
    We're aware of the leaderboard issues and are trying to get them sorted out ASAP. I believe this should be fixed by the next patch for both SPA and TPA, but I have no concrete information on when we're releasing those patches at this time.
    Thanks Brandon - good to hear

My Devices
    Xbox 360, Nexus7, PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why not do away with the leaderboards completely and just have the local highscores? The Leaderboards have always been as trustworthy as a snake in a hamster cage.
    xAZATOTHx : Android + Steam + Xbox

My Devices
    iPad Air, PS4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday my score on Star Trek did not register at the online leaderboard.

My Devices
    iPhone4,iPad mini
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 9u1d0 View Post
    Yesterday my score on Star Trek did not register at the online leaderboard.
    This is just my observation. Star Trek and Mustang leaderboards have somehow merged with another leaderboard in TPA. I say this because players such as Tarek and Toolinit who have scores on these tables leaderboards say they have not played these tables but have scores on the leaderboard. The first score you put on these tables are posted and then any other higher scores do not get posted. AC/DC it seems has been spared from this merging of leaderboards. Every time I get a higher score on AC/DC it will post to the leaderboard but not for a new high score on Star Trek or Mustang. Not sure if this makes any sense or not. I hope it does. Haha.

My Devices
    iOS, PSN
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah AC/DC is posting (just got the 4th spot) - there is a short 'please wait" dialog box after the end of the match sequence where it uploads to the FS leaderboards. Star Trek doesn't show do that at the end.

My Devices
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, bumped you to 5th with my 3rd place This is a much deeper table strategy-wise than I thought, I'm having more fun with it than expected. Played the real table a couple of times and didn't really get it then. SPA version does feel very similar to the real table, including drain risk with an incomplete bell shot. Nice job Farsight!

My Devices
    iPhone4,iPad mini
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slam23 View Post
    Sorry, bumped you to 5th with my 3rd place This is a much deeper table strategy-wise than I thought, I'm having more fun with it than expected. Played the real table a couple of times and didn't really get it then. SPA version does feel very similar to the real table, including drain risk with an incomplete bell shot. Nice job Farsight!
    Uh oh. I hear footsteps. Won't be long with Slam in the hunt.

My Devices
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did you see that we are no 1 and 2 on Gamecenter HOF leaderboard? Guess Toolinit is not using that anymore.

My Devices
    iOS, PSN
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I on there? When I click on leaderboards and it gives me the dialog box to choose farsight or Game Center leaderboards and I click on Game Center it says stern PBA but is blank with a no data available message

My Devices
    iPhone4,iPad mini
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did you see that we are no 1 and 2 on Gamecenter HOF leaderboard? Guess Toolinit is not using that anymore.
    I noticed with my last software update. iOS 10. Game Center is gone. Apparently Apple didn't include it in the last update from what I've read. Can anyone else confirm this? The app icon is no longer my iPad mini or iPhone 6. Can't find a way to get it back either.

My Devices
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, my iPhone 4s which can only handle iOS 9 still has it, but my iPad on iOS 10 does not. When I do a search I get a message that Gamecenter functionality still exists but that Apple removed the app. I can still reach the list from within TPA though. It's also accessible via Settings, just above the social media apps. A lot of functions seem to be stripped from it and it's probably up to game apps that still support it to give you more options like adding friends.

My Devices
    iPhone4,iPad mini
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, my iPhone 4s which can only handle iOS 9 still has it, but my iPad on iOS 10 does not. When I do a search I get a message that Gamecenter functionality still exists but that Apple removed the app. I can still reach the list from within TPA though. It's also accessible via Settings, just above the social media apps. A lot of functions seem to be stripped from it and it's probably up to game apps that still support it to give you more options like adding friends.
    Ok figured out how to see the list. Wow. You're crushing me. Lol

My Devices
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DA5ID View Post
    Am I on there? When I click on leaderboards and it gives me the dialog box to choose farsight or Game Center leaderboards and I click on Game Center it says stern PBA but is blank with a no data available message
    Haven't checked that out, but I think it's all still very barebone with SPA. There is no data management (backup/restore), and probably not a functioning Game Center integration.

My Devices
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crooker View Post
    Ok figured out how to see the list. Wow. You're crushing me. Lol
    Well, eventually we all probably have to bow down to the likes of Toolinit on iOS and the PC crowd usual suspects like Tarek, Dizzer and VikingErik. I'm thoroughly hooked on AC/DC, although I would really like the nudging to be more trustworthy, had my shares of unfortunate drains.

My Devices
    iPhone4,iPad mini
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, eventually we all probably have to bow down to the likes of Toolinit on iOS and the PC crowd usual suspects like Tarek, Dizzer and VikingErik. I'm thoroughly hooked on AC/DC, although I would really like the nudging to be more trustworthy, had my shares of unfortunate drains.
    I'm finding the multi-balls on both AC/DC and Mustang very frustrating. The amount of 2 or 3 sometimes 4 balls draining all at once is unbelievable. makes me want to throw inanimate objects ��