Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first FarSight post in this thread.   Thread: Crossboard posting

My Devices
    iPhone, ps3
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far we've got

Star Trek - Red & Ted
    MSF - Junkyard
    RBION - ???
    SST - Co1812
    AC/DC - Safecracker
    HD - ???
    Phantom - T2
    Mustang - HS2
    LAH - Earthshaker
    HRC - Whirlwind

My Devices
    iPhone, ps3
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saying, those weird low scores for RBION, and HD, for SPA on IOS only go up to 5,000. It wouldn't be from a low scoring table like Central Park. Because the overalll doesn't have very many, and they are too spaced out. But the weird thing is that for RBION, one of those was from @Voof, and one was from @vikingerik. So what I'm suggesting is that one (if not more) of those tournaments from Brunswick Bowling are connected to SPA. Voof and vikingeric, did you guys play Brunswick Bowiling using the same name?

I'm thinking that the ranking for the tournaments on BB posted to those 2 tables

Those weird impossibly low scores not ending in zero made me think, it's just from a table that only put up the first part of the score. But VE, I couldn't find any of your scores starting with 3,566. But maybe it was the right number, but just a different app from FS. And it makes sense once you think about SPA and TPA being connected.

I've officially fallen down the rabbit hole
    Last edited by Extork; 07-05-2017 at 07:09 AM.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to speak from the brand new leaderboard for Wipeout. These scores are from a different table. Quality wherever you look...

My Devices
    PC/Steam/Windows
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't played any TPA in months, don't even have SPA, and I don't even know what Brunswick Bowling is. Whatever's going on has nothing to do with me. Presumably somebody messing around using my name.

My Devices
    iPhone, ps3
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I hear you guys, but just take a look at those low scores overall for SPA RBION and HD. I don't think it's coming from another table

My Devices
    iPhone, ps3
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's all just part of one big troll toll, then maybe I've wasted too much time. But I'd still like to figure out what's posting to those 2 tables. I realize there's a lot to sift through, but when the weekly boards reset, maybe I'll be able to figure something out.

My Devices
    iPhone, ps3
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just played every tpa table to put up a score. Still nothing for spa RBION or HD. Maybe that wasn't worth it. What a slog. I feel like less of a person. And TPA MSF just crashed the app. On my iPad and iPhone. Just upon selecting it

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks like the weekly leaderboard just cleared up @Extork so play one of the tables in SPA and then look for your name on the TPA boards.

HD and RBION still in the dark for what boards they're posting to.
    Last edited by relaxation; 07-15-2017 at 04:25 PM.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Extork I see you on centaur - 2,105,540.
    Cactus Jacks - 7,013,340?
    Last edited by relaxation; 07-15-2017 at 05:10 PM.

My Devices
    iPhone, ps3
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the Centaur and Cactus Jacks scores were from me playing TPA. Wipeout and TX Sextor both had scores that were legit too. But the weird thing was that I saw a weird 714mil score on HS2. I didn't play that table OR any of the SPA tables since the weekly reset.

Then I did a playthrough of all the SPA tables...so here's what I've got if you wanna do some searching. I'll be doing some of my own...

st - 8,532,190
    Msf- 68,306,200
    Sst - 40,224,170
    AC/DC - 13,794,920
    Poto - 301,490
    Mustang - 62,553,570
    Lah - 47,310,600
    Hrc - 61,125,200
    Rbion - 2,589,680
    Harley - 87,963,450

...you think the HS2 score came from one of the TPA tournament tables? I still think mustang goes to it. But that doesn't mean other things couldn't
    Last edited by Extork; 07-17-2017 at 02:54 AM.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HS2's weekly / monthly haven't work since its release, they're aware but haven't done anything.

My Devices
    iPhone, ps3
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by relaxation View Post
    they're aware but haven't done anything.
    Exactly

...maybe they'll do something about the leaderboards when pigs can fly. I'm fine with helping you out with figuring out what's posting to what. It's fine with me to just play tables that I own to help out. But I don't think anything will come of it.

Maybe I'm just sour about SPA right now. It's too bad too, because I really was hoping it would work out. But from the sounds of it, there are a bunch of people who aren't happy with SPA. And now I'm in that camp. It's a known issue (god I'm sick of hearing that), but AC/DC is so bad right now. I was holding off on the update just because of it. There are a ton of great tables to play, but this is not cool. They offered 3 new tables, and that was how long ago? Now 1 of them you can't even play, the other doesn't even make a difference what score you post, and the other is just 'ok', and still doesn't post scores right. When SPA came out I was very excited, but all of that excitement is gone. And it's not a problem of getting sick of a table. I could play ac/dc all day. But now we just have clinking noises, and no way to be able to tell what the hell is going on. If Stern is upset with FS right now, I can see why %100. Sorry for the rant.

But @relaxation, I'll still be here for ya, to test out things on the IOS end.

Tarek made a good point about other issues with tables posting to the wrong leaderboards. There's no way for me to even begin to figure that out though

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Extork View Post
    Tarek made a good point about other issues with tables posting to the wrong leaderboards.
    Yes, for me I would say it's time to recognize the truth. Farsight has done such a lot of horrible mistakes in the last months without any correction. It is close to think that this company isn't the pinball enthusiast team they told us. There main goal seems the cash. The digital pinball museum needs for sure more maintenance. The worse is it that most of the issues aren't complicated to fix. I've given up to play for the leaderboard and can't see other pinball guys with considerable scores in the last time. Sad to say...

My Devices
    iPhone, ps3
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. It's almost like they need a month off to make those easy fixes. Oh wait, that happened. But really, I didn't mean to turn this into, 'this is what FS isn't doing'. Let's stay true to the thread title. Tarek, you want some good old fashioned competition, but do you have any idea where those weird scores are coming from? Do you think your rollover scores are posting to a different table? Also there are impersonators, but do you have any thoughts on that? Maybe you're so good that you are posting to other tables accidentally?

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. It's almost like they need a month off to make those easy fixes.
    It took a few hours only to clean the wrong leaderboards and give tables in the game another leaderboard ID. All bugs where discussed in this forum very fast. Now after months of idleness It is almost impossible to sort some scores right for some tables. In addition there's no attempt from Farsight to fix anything.

Do you think your rollover scores are posting to a different table?
    There's only one wrong score from me at the leaderboards. The 61B at Centigrade 37 is from Dr. Who - MoT. This first release issue was fixed after a few weeks. But Farsight doesn't clean the leaderbord for Centigrade 37.

My Devices
    Ipad, PC
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My thinking is what would it take it archive the current database and wipe the slate clean, sure people have worked hard for their current rankings but if they still find pinball fun is it really gonna stop them going for a fresh listing? I'd like to see the current glaring bugs fixed the current leaderboard archived wihile still being accessible for historical reasons or just plain old kudos.

People may argue against that but they aren't really happy with the current setup

As sty says,

Just sayin

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
    My thinking is what would it take it archive the current database and wipe the slate clean, sure people have worked hard for their current rankings but if they still find pinball fun is it really gonna stop them going for a fresh listing? I'd like to see the current glaring bugs fixed the current leaderboard archived wihile still being accessible for historical reasons or just plain old kudos.

People may argue against that but they aren't really happy with the current setup

As sty says,

Just sayin
    I would agree for some tables e.g. like Centigrade, Jacks Open, Totan. Yet it would not solve the problem of the bad support from Farsight. A solution for a few weeks under this conditions.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123