Thread: Pinball FX3 released - first impressions

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont like fx2/fx3 very much.
    i bought fx2 and several packs before pinball arcade came out.

the tables fell all the same.
    they have the same physics and some parts are the same for all tables
    with 3 lanes left and 2 on the right to activate ball save
    and the way the missions work with timer, balls save etc is the same on all fx tables.

when u play the tables u fell that all are made by the same team.
    there is no variety in game play (yes i know they all have different themes)
    like with pinball arcade where every table feels different.

the physics are not very realistic in my opinion.
    u can stop the ball very easy on the flippers no matter which speed the ball has
    and its a bit like old pinball games (pinball dreams or fantasies):
    when u hit or miss something u'll know exactly where the ball will go next.

from fx2 to fx3 i see no big improvments in gameplay or gfx
    the ladder system is also a bit strange.
    u play against the same 3 opponents all the time (ok somtimes one or 2 new names will show up but with similar points to beat)
    u rise up not by beating points of other players u just have to play many games to go higher
    the player on 1st rang just played the most games and is not the best player with best score like it should be

fx3 is not a bad game but pinball arcade is much better if u ask me.
    pa has its own bugs but at least tables feel different.

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, does Pinball FX 3 require a PS+ subscription to play online on PS4 (matchups)?

And Farsight, take note, new lighting engine, new physics, new modes and table import... everything free if you've have already bought it on Zen 2... Just sayin'.
    Pinball will never die!
    - Make your TPA Scorecard! > [Example]

My Devices
    PS3, PC, iPad 3
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tann View Post
    Hey, does Pinball FX 3 require a PS+ subscription to play online on PS4 (matchups)?

And Farsight, take note, new lighting engine, new physics, new modes and table import... everything free if you've have already bought it on Zen 2... Just sayin'.
    I don't actually know the answer to your PS4 question, but isn't that pretty much the deal? If you want online play, you need PS+ subscription.

And yeah, FarSight didn't really take note when all the tables in Zen 2 on PS3 transferred over for free to PS4 either. Zen gets customer loyalty 100%.
    I'm just sayin'

official BlahCade Podcast website blahcadepinball.com

buy BlahCade t-shirt at represent.com/blahcade-shirt

play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

My Devices
    Samsung s5 (android), PS3, PC
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tann View Post

Ok I definitely think Farsight could do stuff better and I don't hesitate to call them out on their crap.
    BUT hmmm unless you missed it, farsight updated from dx9 to dx11 FOR FREE, they updated the physics on all tables FOR FREE. They updated the UI FOR FREE. They just didn't create a whole new app for it, which sucks that Zen did cause now the 2 best tables (south park and Butters) are NOT in FX3. Boooo to FX3. I would much prefer to have FX2 app with south park tables but with all the other updates of course. At least Farsight didn't make such a huge deal out of it they just handed it to us. Who cares what the app is called. The new FX3 grind til you die modes I couldn't really care less about but sure if you like it good for you, all I was looking forward too (and many with me) was custom head 2 head, which FX3 doesn't have but Farsight are working on and have us try out and hopefully they will get it working. And oh it will be FOR FREE!!
    Most Wanted: 1. Spider-Man 2. LOTR 3. Shadow
    Twitch stream: www.twitch.tv/switch3TV

My Devices
    PS3, PC, iPad 3
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by switch3flip View Post
    Ok I definitely think Farsight could do stuff better and I don't hesitate to call them out on their crap.
    BUT hmmm unless you missed it, farsight updated from dx9 to dx11 FOR FREE
    On PC, yes. Which is why I've said for years people should migrate off console and to PC. But where the PS3 was technically DX9, it wasn't free to upgrade to the PS4 where it was technically DX11 (style of lighting, not actual graphics mode). Same for those on Xbox 360 (poor bastards) moving to Xbone. The argument people always used was those are new systems and FarSight essentially was creating a new game. Well, Zen migrated to both platforms with no cost, and now they have a 'new' game and again did not charge for migration. THAT is the crux of the argument. Nobody is saying FarSight hasn't done new things for free. It's just the big one, migration, that they did charge for.
    I'm just sayin'

My Devices
    Ipad, PC
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn immigrants!

My Devices
    Samsung s5 (android), PS3, PC
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    On PC, yes. Which is why I've said for years people should migrate off console and to PC. But where the PS3 was technically DX9, it wasn't free to upgrade to the PS4 where it was technically DX11 (style of lighting, not actual graphics mode). Same for those on Xbox 360 (poor bastards) moving to Xbone. The argument people always used was those are new systems and FarSight essentially was creating a new game. Well, Zen migrated to both platforms with no cost, and now they have a 'new' game and again did not charge for migration. THAT is the crux of the argument. Nobody is saying FarSight hasn't done new things for free. It's just the big one, migration, that they did charge for.
    Yeah sure but it's not the same thing, this time fx2 to fx3 is for the same platforms, and farsights updated physics for free on mobile too and keep working on physics and lighting upgrade on at least ps4 for free (although 1 step forward and 2 steps back ). I think they're doing some physics stuff on ps3 too but everything theres moves very slowly so I can't say for sure because pretty much like Farsight, I abandoned that system long time ago.

Pinball arcade ps3 to ps4 costing money sucks but it if Zen charged anything for fx2 to fx3 it would be totally ridiculous.
    Last edited by switch3flip; 10-12-2017 at 04:20 AM.
    Most Wanted: 1. Spider-Man 2. LOTR 3. Shadow
    Twitch stream: www.twitch.tv/switch3TV

My Devices
    custom cabinet
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I expected a huge improvement in graphics with Fx3 and was a little disappointed. They missed an opportunity here. Even less settings for people to customize.
    Also agree that with Southpark it misses two of the best tables...

My Devices
    iOS, Android
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mpad View Post
    Also agree that with Southpark it misses two of the best tables...
    Butters is good - not great, but above average. But South Park Super Sweet Pinball is definitely in my top 10 Zen tables overall - so much depth, mode stacking, and general zaniness. I really hope it doesn't disappear when they upgrade the mobile version.

My Devices
    Ipad, PC
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m assuming those on steam that already bought South Park can still download it right if not that’s bad mojo

My Devices
    PS3, PC, iPad 3
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
    I’m assuming those on steam that already bought South Park can still download it right if not that’s bad mojo
    It's available in Pinball FX2. The license is still fine for that, same as you can still buy Plants vs. Zombies. PBFX3 is considered a new platform, thus all new licensing was involved. Same thing would happen to TPA if they came out with TPA2, and all those kickstarter tables would come back to haunt them.
    I'm just sayin'

My Devices
    Ipad, PC
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally speaking that’s fine what’s one more icon really you can save space and just download the tables you need and keep going. Anyway stop posting break out the snacks and get to mr robot we need to pull it apart

My Devices
    PS3, PC, iPad 3
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
    Personally speaking that’s fine what’s one more icon really you can save space and just download the tables you need and keep going. Anyway stop posting break out the snacks and get to mr robot we need to pull it apart
    Watched it last night, so message me.
    I'm just sayin'

My Devices
    ps4 pro,xbox 1s,pc
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we still have FX2 so you can still play the tables that didn`t come over . also it looks great on my 4K tv and using my PS4 PRO , can`t wait for my XBOX1X next month should look really good !!!

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't actually know the answer to your PS4 question, but isn't that pretty much the deal? If you want online play, you need PS+ subscription.
    There are some exceptions that do not require PS+ subscription to play online:

- Free-to-play games (basically, ZEN/Pinball FX is a F2P game)
    - Games with basic leaderboards
    - Games that already require a subscription fee (Elder Scrolls online)
    - Some very simple online game modes do not require PS+:

> Watchdogs you can still invade and be invaded without ps+ but you can't play the other MP modes and Destiny you can play the story and explore mode without it and only require plus for raids/strikes /pvp (quoted from gamefaqs)

So, in case of Pinball FX, a very simple random matchup maybe do not require the PS+ subscription... Hard to find the info!

Well, Zen migrated to both platforms with no cost, and now they have a 'new' game and again did not charge for migration. THAT is the crux of the argument. Nobody is saying FarSight hasn't done new things for free. It's just the big one, migration, that they did charge for.
    This.

My point of view:

- With the free migration and upgrade to Pinball FX 3, I think to maybe purchase a second-hand PS4 (and for a few other cross-buy games I own on PS3). And it's possible I buy a few extra packs on PS3 to have them for free on PS4: Zen Studios keeps a customer.

- Pinball Arcade on PS3 is dead since the megapatch (April 2014). Since this date, there's only one update per year, and it simply adds the new tables (no bugfixes, no new features, no ball physics 3.0 on older tables!). Playing Pinball Arcade on PS3 is playing a 3 years-old broken version... :/
    Migrate to PS4 requires to REBUY everything again: about 200 bucks for one game!!!! Well, no.
    So, I don't buy anything related to Pinball Arcade on PS3 because it is dead and I won't rebuy everything on PS4: Farsight Studios loses a customer.

Quod Erat Demonstrandum. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by switch3flip View Post
    I think they're doing some physics stuff on ps3 too but everything theres moves very slowly so I can't say for sure because pretty much like Farsight, I abandoned that system long time ago.
    See above.

Quote Originally Posted by mpad View Post
    I expected a huge improvement in graphics with Fx3 and was a little disappointed. They missed an opportunity here. Even less settings for people to customize.
    The lighting improvement is top-notch, but yeah, the graphics models are the same (i.e. gorgeous in my opinion). Oh, I would like to see the difference when adjusting the lighting slider but couldn't find a video about that yet.
    Last edited by Tann; Yesterday at 08:12 AM.
    Pinball will never die!
    - Make your TPA Scorecard! > [Example]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123