Thread: Pinball FX3 released - first impressions

My Devices
    ps4 pro,xbox1x,pc
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pinball FX3 released - first impressions

can`t import my tables yet , maybe tomorrow !!! new physics bloody great , only my opinion. looks bloody great ,everyone will be happy

My Devices
    iOS, PSN
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    got everything downloaded to pinball fx3 (all 68 tables) for ps4 US store for free.
    went through and got all the packs that were listed as free,
    then clicked import and it got the rest that were in packs that had a price tag.
    impressed that it included tables that i bought on zen pinball 1 that i had transferred to zen pinball 2...

My Devices
    ps4 pro,xbox1x,pc
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all 68 tables on pc,xbox1s and ps4 pro downloaded !!!looks fantastic on my 4k tv . it`s a no brainer , I`ll be playing a lot of fx3

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought Divinity Original Sin 2. Lots of big downloads. FX3 lower priority.

"You've got an arm like a wet rag!" - The Dummy, Hurricane (Williams, 1991)
    "Ace of Clubs?!" - Bride of Pin*Bot, Jack*Bot (Williams, 1995)
    "You have been terminated. Have a nice day!" - Candy 2000, Safe Cracker (Williams, 1996)

Wizard Goals remaining: Safe Cracker 26 [Unique] Tokens (19/26 collected); F-14 250K Launch Bonus; Frankie 150M Creature Jackpot, Complete CREATURE

My Devices
    PS4, iPad (3rd Gen), iPhone 7 Plus, PC
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is fantastic on the PC. (1440x2560 portrait) Waiting for the Xbox One X and I'm sure I'll get it for my 4K TV as well, though I will prefer PC and portrait view, I'm sure. The ball physics are greatly improved over the last version. Too bad the South Park license didn't carry over, as it was probably the best game. Runs great (GTX 1080..so it should), all 68 tables are unlocked, and portrait mode works perfectly on the few tables I tried.

THIS is huge for me. The new visuals and ball physics make this a truly excellent pinball game. I haven't spent a lot of time on these tables in FX2, and there are several that I have never played before or maybe played it one time just to quickly check it out. Normally after a couple of games I kinda get turned off by something about the way it looks and feels, but whatever they did in this new version seems to have made it all work for me.

I'm so excited about this I'm nearly breathless. LOL

While I appreciate the online features and tournament stuff, I'm not a big fan of the upgrade system, unless there are going to be separate leaderboards with all upgrades deactivated. Though, I do enjoy leveling up and going for new prizes. There should be enough variation to keep me busy. This may be the only game I play. The new Universal games looked good in the videos I saw, so I will probably go waste my evening away playing those. Breathe! Don't forget to breathe!

Crazy Newt

My Devices
    ps4 pro,xbox1x,pc
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crazy Newt you can play classic single or single with upgrades ,check out challenges single ball , 5 minute and survival challenge bloody great .everything about the way the game plays is so cool , your so right you just want to keep playing !!! I`m not bloody happy I`m f.....g bloody happy !!!

My Devices
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfson View Post
    Crazy Newt you can play classic single or single with upgrades ,check out challenges single ball , 5 minute and survival challenge bloody great .everything about the way the game plays is so cool , your so right you just want to keep playing !!! I`m not bloody happy I`m f.....g bloody happy !!!
    Thanks! I did manage to slow down a bit and check out the options in the menu. So much to do it is overwhelming. I've always been a fan of 1 ball tourneys, but the survival tourney is great and something that can realistically only be done in a video game. For anyone that may not know what survival mode is, the game has a 60 second timer counting down and you have to reach a certain score to reset the timer back to 60 seconds again and the score increases each level. It is a brilliant way to have a quick tournament.

Really impressed with how the game came out.

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay so Divinity finally finished its DL and is slowly installing, so I can kick off my FX3 DL! Can't say I'll get to playing it any time soon, but it'll be there
    "You've got an arm like a wet rag!" - The Dummy, Hurricane (Williams, 1991)
    "Ace of Clubs?!" - Bride of Pin*Bot, Jack*Bot (Williams, 1995)
    "You have been terminated. Have a nice day!" - Candy 2000, Safe Cracker (Williams, 1996)

Wizard Goals remaining: Safe Cracker 26 [Unique] Tokens (19/26 collected); F-14 250K Launch Bonus; Frankie 150M Creature Jackpot, Complete CREATURE

My Devices
    Ipad,iPhone and desktop
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have most of the zen tables on my iPad Air 2. I haven’t played them for quite a while. Today when I updated it looks like a lot of my tables look upgraded with different features graphics and toys. At first I thought I just haven’t played in a wile but these tables look so different. When zen came out with fx3 did they upgrade all the tables?

My Devices
    ps4 pro,xbox1x,pc
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Garycope , I believe they upgraded all tables graphic and lighting . there is also a slider making the table lighter or darker !!!

My Devices
    PS3, PC, Android,PS4 Pro
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing and enjoying it, slowly replaying through all my tables again. Kinda of bummed I have to buy a few tables that were added to packs this time around such as Epic Quest.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johni3w6 View Post
    Playing and enjoying it, slowly replaying through all my tables again. Kinda of bummed I have to buy a few tables that were added to packs this time around such as Epic Quest.
    Instead of buying both Epic Quest and Excalibur for $4.99 USD as DLC for Pinball FX3, can you purchase Epic Quest for $2.99 USD for Pinball FX2? If you start Pinball FX2 and close it, then open Pinball FX3, Epic Quest should be available.

My Devices
    PS3, PC, Android,PS4 Pro
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Newt View Post
    Instead of buying both Epic Quest and Excalibur for $4.99 USD as DLC for Pinball FX3, can you purchase Epic Quest for $2.99 USD for Pinball FX2? If you start Pinball FX2 and close it, then open Pinball FX3, Epic Quest should be available.
    I already had EQ on FX2, paid for the DLC.
    No big deal.

My Devices
    iPad 2/PC
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Newt View Post
    Pinball FX2 DLC is no longer available for purchase on steam.
    Steam: Sun Vulcan
    iOS: Sun Vulcan

My Devices
    Ipad, PC
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Vulcan View Post
    Pinball FX2 DLC is no longer available for purchase on steam.
    I find that an odd thing to do, Iím not sure how much more beef fx3 needs but 2 ran pretty well on a dog with 2 legs, plus ya know the tables that didnít carry over, Iím not even a South Park fan but love those tables...some of their better made real world style pinball. Maybe itís an error?

My Devices
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
    I find that an odd thing to do, I’m not sure how much more beef fx3 needs but 2 ran pretty well on a dog with 2 legs, plus ya know the tables that didn’t carry over, I’m not even a South Park fan but love those tables...some of their better made real world style pinball. Maybe it’s an error?
    I'm wondering if they just need to match the pricing with FX3 where the tables carry over from FX2. It did seem like FX2 tables were still available to purchase when I made my post, but now the DLC is gone.

My Devices
    Galaxy Tab S2 9.7, PC
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Pinball FX2 shop page has been pulled from the store as well. There is only Pinball FX2 VR and Pinball FX2 - Originals Season 2 Bundle visible, but I guess the latter will be pulled from the store as well soon. Glad I have all tables in PBFX2.

I'm sure we won't see that again, and it makes sense, since they sure want to go with FX3 only going forward.

My Devices
    Ipad, PC
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume fx2 is still fully supported on mobile? Bttf is a pretty fun table pity about the soundtrack it’s sorely missing but I play it in the background heh

My Devices
    PS4, iPad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do I make this young lady stop screeching at me every time I play the pinballs?
    psn: dirtyepic_sk

My Devices
    iOS, PSN
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by psykil View Post
    How do I make this young lady stop screeching at me every time I play the pinballs?
    Options > audio > menu voice over > off

My Devices
    Ipad, PC
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by psykil View Post
    Marry her slap her or buy her coveralls expensive coctails

My Devices
    iOS, PSN
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's still there at the end of a table match to tell you when you earned upgrades - that's not an bad thing right?

My Devices
    Samsung s5 (android), PS3, PC
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    First impressions: very wonky UI. Hard to find anything. Not very intuitive at all. When I think I go to my pins, I seem to be applying for cab support. Stupid popups I have to click through. I guess I'll get used to it, not a big problem as I'm not in it for the UI but the pin playing. But still I was surprised I expect better from zen. Tables look nice I suppose but really not that much of a difference. I couldn't tell you what's different specifically and I probably wouldn't have noticed if I didn't know it had been upated. Physics seem smoother but I'm not even sure physics have been changed lol. Maybe it was a while ago since I played fx and my playing style has changed.
    Biggest let down was the lack of custom online vs. It's what Farsight has failed to do and it was pinball fx's chance to show us how it's done. Well they certainly didn't. I heard they might add that but the topic of this thread was first impressions and my impression was surprise and disappointment.
    Custom tournaments is fun I guess. As a novelty.
    The levelling up system and perks, like better multiball scores and better popbumper scores is to me plain stupid, a total waste of manhours that could have been spent coding more important stuff. Like Online multiplayer games. How hard can this be? Every game and their mother have online real time multiplayer possibilities, how hard can it be to do an online pin multiplayer. Like at least do a a 4 player game where you take turns, or play simultaneously and you have like the other peoples DMD displayed alongside your own so you see their score and whats going on. This is pinball and it's been there since like the beginning of pinball almost but still not in digital year 2017. But they crammed in all kinds of useless RPG style crap that is just bringing the game down for me. Yuck. It feels like they're totally dissing pinball I almost feel offended.

The new pack is a loooong booooooore. First game ever ever of back to the future took foreeeveer and I played the wiz mode twice before caling it quits. At least I started figuring out what to do, kind of, cause E.T. is also loooong playing and you just want it to end it eventually, the difference is I was as clueless to what to do after the game as I was before. I guess I could check the rules and I guess I will, but yeah wall of text and I just wanted to jump in and play. The E.T. music puts you to sleep and the voice acting is terrible. At least bttf is funny in how bad it is. Haven't played jaws yet. The rest of the pins are the same old so yeah that was that.
    The loss of south park is absolutely not worth it. Fx2 way better than fx3 because of that.

At least it makes Farsight look better they're not the only ones not competent enough to pull off online vs.
    Last edited by switch3flip; 09-28-2017 at 08:49 PM.
    Most Wanted: 1. Spider-Man 2. LOTR 3. Shadow
    Twitch stream: www.twitch.tv/switch3TV

My Devices
    Wii U, xbox 360, Steam/PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the upgraded play options, the free importation of all prevoiusly purchased tables, and the expanded online options make FX3 a truly excellent sequel. It is beyomd what my expectation actually was. For example, I had already decided I had spent enough for one lifetime on pinball games, and was just going to play the TPA and ZEN stuff I had bought previosly. But now, I am going out to buy a new PC just because of FX3. It runs OK on my old Pentium with integrated graphics, with a "just barely" too low frame rate at resolution 1280X720. Go up to 1920X1080, and we get a slight but choppier yet. Playable, but not ideal. Looking at a new tower now actually. Cheers!
    Last edited by steven120566; 09-29-2017 at 06:07 AM.

My Devices
    iOS, Android
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree about the new tables in general, they are not the strongest efforts from Zen, who have had a really great track record recently (Bethesda, Women of Power, and Alien packs have all been excellent).

- Back to the Future - the modes are definitely on the easy side, I finished the mini wizard mode for 1955 on the first ball of my first game. Seems like ball saver activates all the time when you go down an outlane, which is nice but keeps game times long. Really long player. The shots are just okay.
    - Jaws - right now my favorite of the three. It's harder overall, activating a mode is on a timer so you can do a bunch of work to light the mode start cup and then you only have 15 seconds to get the ball in there, it's a tough angle. But satisfying when you hit it. There are a lot of shots and interesting timing. Still unpacking this one.
    - E.T. - out of the gate, this just feels weird. There are so many ramps and loop shots at different angles, some you can hit from lower flipper only, some upper only, some from either. Kind of awkward flow. I agree with the poster above that it seems a little too easy, long game times.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast