Click here to go to the first FarSight post in this thread.   Thread: Latest Update Present in PSN EU for PS3

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Latest Update Present in PSN EU for PS3

Live catch is now possible. But still tons of bugs. Championship Pub still not playable in 720p because of Flip-Mode bug.

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

V.1.29

So this is the update PS3 has been waiting for to finally bring in Season 6....hurrah!

We were told the fix for the current PSN sign in issue (preventing Leaderboard and Tournament access for the last three months+), was to be part and parcel of the Season 6 update. It hasn't happened ; the sign in issue is still unresolved.

Ordinarily, I would've snapped up a new Season bundle right away. However, my money is staying in my wallet this time. This Leaderboard/Tournament access problem is a deal breaker for me ;-j
    How!? ;-j

James's TPA Scorecards ~ "I really couldn't care less if you take me a for a fool, I know you couldn't show me any better tool" ~ Pinball Cha Cha

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Birdsfoot View Post
    Live catch is now possible. But still tons of bugs. Championship Pub still not playable in 720p because of Flip-Mode bug.
    Live catch on old tables too (pre-Xenon)? I doubt it.

As I stated in another topic, I think that if a table is updated (bugfixes or anything else), it has to be re-downloaded (as it was the case with the super-mega patch in 2013).
    Pinball will never die!
    - Make your TPA Scorecard! > [Example]

My Devices
    Playstation 3, iOS, Playstation 4
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tann View Post

As I stated in another topic, I think that if a table is updated (bugfixes or anything else), it has to be re-downloaded (as it was the case with the super-mega patch in 2013).
    I think they can make a uniform physics update. There was an update from when the Taxi/ Harley and Elvira/Gofers pack were the newest release that changed the physics of the skill shot across all tables.

Whether or not they can implement the live catch flipper physics so easily is an entirly different question. (I would guess probably not)

5.   Click here to go to the next FarSight post in this thread.   #5
    FarSight Employee Brandon Garvin's Avatar
    My Devices
    PC, Android
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tann View Post

That is no longer the case, the updates for the tables come with the main patch download. Most of the tables in the PS3 version of the game should play the same as they do on other platforms.

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I almost mentioned it in the other thread, but wasn't sure if I had just somehow never noticed before. I played for a little while a couple weeks ago, and I was doing constant live catches -usually unintentional- on EATPM and Firepower which I'm pretty sure I could never do until now. Of course the last time I played it didn't happen once(I think this was Addams Family).

I really need to get back into pinball a bit more. I'm starting to miss it.

The connection issues are even worse for me now, it used to just not work and then force a disconnect from PSN. Now it stays connected but I have to wait 30 seconds to fail to authorize my ticket after every game. I suppose I can just sign out before I play since I know it doesn't work, not even as hard as switching to 720p(which I'm usually too lazy to do for a short session). Hope they can get that resolved soon.

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, thanks for the info, guys... If ball physics (3.0?) is now on par on all PS3 tables, I get back to TPA too! I will download the update tonight.

EDIT: did you check Black Knight? Real ROM or still emulated?

Well, like Morg says, there's still the required 720p switch to reduce the input lag, but hey, we can't have everything...

EDIT 2: currently downloading the update 1.29... 3.4 Go! Basically, it downloads the whole game again. Guess it's the price to pay to have the older tables updated.
    Last edited by Tann; 11-08-2017 at 10:04 AM.
    Pinball will never die!
    - Make your TPA Scorecard! > [Example]

My Devices
    PS3, iPad 4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the question about an emulated BK was brought up some time ago. At that point it wasn't in the pipeline for the he PS3.

My Devices
    PS3, Android
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought the whole Season 6, Eight Ball Deluxe is not included and asks for another 6,19 euros.
    Last edited by Pinball Rogue; 11-10-2017 at 05:30 AM.

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

V.1.30

Sign-in/Leaderboards issue is now resolved.

Access to Tournament play is still unresolved. Able to join the Tournament and play the tables, but *unable to register any scores.

(*Thinking all was fixed), I purchased Season 6 Pro bundle, directly (not 'in-game'), from the UK PS store.
    As soon the download began, it froze, crashing my system. Repeated attempts all had the same result.
    £32.99 had left my wallet but no download had made it to my console.

Found a workaround by finding the download 'in-game'. Selecting the Season 6 Pro bundle didn't work, but selecting each game individually did, except for Dr. Who: Master Of Time which didn't have a Pro option and wanted £5.09 ;-j
    Last edited by speed_stock; 11-13-2017 at 03:05 PM. Reason: clarity
    How!? ;-j

James's TPA Scorecards ~ "I really couldn't care less if you take me a for a fool, I know you couldn't show me any better tool" ~ Pinball Cha Cha

My Devices
    PC, PS3, Vita
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though Dr. Who: Master Of Time is a season 6 table, I've been told that it is not part of the season 6 pass. Seems shady to me, but that's how it is.

12.   This is the last FarSight post in this thread.   #12
    FarSight Employee Brandon Garvin's Avatar
    My Devices
    PC, Android
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayder View Post
    Even though Dr. Who: Master Of Time is a season 6 table, I've been told that it is not part of the season 6 pass. Seems shady to me, but that's how it is.
    It is supposed to be part of the Season 6 pass, we're looking into why it isn't unlocking.