Thread: Pinball podcasts

My Devices
    ipad/iphone/360
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pinball podcasts

Members sometimes post about pinball related podcasts on here but I don't think there is a list of known podcasts. I'm talking about real pinball as well as virtual so not just the Farsight interviews mentioned in another thread.

Here are the pinball podcasts that I have come across, please add to the thread if you know of others and I'll update the list;

Pinball Podcasts

BlahCade Podcast - From a few of our very own forum members so it deserves to go right to the top of the list! . Proving to be well worth a listen whether you're into virtual or real pinball. Well done guys.

The Pinheadz Pinball Podcast - iTunes - RSS - Facebook
    Pinball podcast from Australia, very professionally done. Easily one of the best.

The Pinball Podcast - iTunes - RSS - Facebook
    Great podcast, regular episodes, very knowledgeable hosts with repair tips etc. Mentions TPA in every episode.

The Silverball Podcast - iTunes - RSS - Facebook
    Good podcast but there will probably be no more due to one of the presenters passing away recently. Well worth a listen. RIP Steve Rothschild. ENDED

TOPcast - RSS
    No new episodes but absolutely essential listening if you like your pinball history and interviews with most of the great designers. ENDED

The Spooky Pinball Podcast - iTunes - RSS - Facebook
    New episodes regular as clockwork at the beginning of each month. The hosts are enthusiastic about pinball and can be quite entertaining but some might find their brand of humour a bit off putting, just my opinion. Now also making their own pinball machines.

The Pinball Soul Podcast - iTunes - RSS - Facebook
    Has turned out to be a very good new podcast. Lots of pinball news that most pinheads wouldn't have come across otherwise. Well worth a listen. ENDED

Geek Gamer Weekly - Video - iTunes - Audio - iTunes - Facebook
    Recently upped their pinball coverage, looks like they are aiming at a monthly pinball episode. Episodes 231, 235 and 238 are all pinball. Very good shows so far. Plus as they covered the recent PAPA Circuit Final there is lots of footage on their website.

Coast 2 Coast Pinball - iTunes - RSS - Facebook
    Another new podcast, focuses on his own recent experiences and then goes into detail on a chosen machine. Very regular episodes so far, good stuff.

Lock is Lit Podcast - RSS - Facebook
    Another new podcast, again well worth a listen.

One And Done Pinball Podcast
    Brand new podcast, just the introduction episode at the moment. Encouraging pinheads to create their own content and upload the audio file to become an episode of this podcast. Could be very interesting. There's a thread on pinside about how this came about

The Dead Flip podcast - Twitch - Facebook - Youtube
    New podcast but it looks like these guys have been making video content for quite a while

The Pin-Bar Cavern Podcast - itunes-
    By a forum member Daniel aka @superdan. He aims to cover TPA a lot as well as concentrating on one machine in detail.

For Amusement Only - The EM and Bingo Pinball Podcast

The Coinbox Pinball Podcast - itunes - RSS
    For a nice change this podcast is by 2 pinball operators so we get to see things from their side.

The Skillshot Pincast - iTunes -

This Flippin Podcast - itunes - RSS - Facebook - Tommy and Taylor of the one and done podcast have splintered off to create their own podcast, very nicely done.

The Boom Go Pinball Podcast - Facebook - RSS - Another podcast born of the one and done podcast. Short, regular podcasts.

The Canadian Pinball Podcast - Facebook - 2 guys talking pinball

The Slam Tilt Podcast - iTunes - Facebook

Bro, do you even talk pinball? - iTunes

Arcade and Pinball Podcasts

The Gameroom Junkies Podcast - iTunes - RSS - Facebook
    Another good podcast, mostly pinball but some arcade too.

The Retro Gaming Roundup - iTunes - RSS - Facebook
    Not really a pinball podcast, mostly its about 90% retro arcade games and 10% pinball but there is always some pinball in there. Episode 63 starts with a review of the DMD extender sold by DR.Pinball in the UK, later has an interview with DR.Pinball and then has a really good interview with Jeff Minter ( an ox on this forum ) - Who says TPA is his favourite go to game. These are REALLY long podcasts, normally 5 to 6 hours ( you don't have to listen to it all in one sitting! ) but highly recommended if you like retro gaming as well as pinball.

Arcade Outsiders Podcast - iTunes - RSS - YouTube
    Another new podcast covering arcade machines and pinball. Like the retro gaming roundup this one is 90% retro arcade machines and 10% pinball so probably only worth a listen if you like both subjects.

The Broken Token Podcast - iTunes - RSS - Facebook
    Yet another brand new podcast again covering retro arcade and pinball. Again recommended if you like both subjects.

Arcade Repair Tips Podcasts - iTunes - RSS - Facebook -
    Yet again this is mostly about retro arcade machines but some pinball in there too. Focusing on the repair ( Duh! ) and restoration of arcade and pinball machines with lots of listener questions.

Other Audio/Video interviews and podcasts

PAPA TV Roadshow
    Bobby King interview round 3 with TPAF forum members Jeff Strong and Shutyertrap ( October 2013 )
    2013 pinball expo Farsight studios seminar posted by the awesome pinball news website - lots of other audio clips of seminars on that pinball news expo page too.
    The Portable podcast - Episode 205 - 17th October 2013 - Zen studios interview about Star Wars Pinball
    Bobby King interview on The Perceptive Podcast - 26th July 2013
    Bobby King interview on Allgames.com - 19th July 2013
    Now your playing with podcast Episode 18 - 29th May 2013
    Bobby King interview round 1 with TPAF forum member Jeff Strong ( March 2013 )
    Bobby King interview round 2 with TPAF forum member Jeff Strong ( April 2013 )
    Bobby King interview on the Spooky Pinball Podcast ( October 2012 )
    Dead Pixel interview with Bobby King ( October 2012 )
    Bobby King video interview on ComiKaze ( September 2012 )
    Josh Sharp video interview about TPA ( October 2012 )
    Last edited by Kevlar; 08-11-2016 at 01:37 PM.

My Devices
    ipad/iphone/360
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added The Pinball Soul Podcast - [ iTunes - RSS - Facebook ] to the list.
    Last edited by Kevlar; 12-26-2013 at 04:23 AM.

My Devices
    5s, iPad1, iPad air, ps3, iPad mini
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice findings, Kevlar! Thanks for that!

My Devices
    ipad/iphone/360
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added iTunes and RSS links.

My Devices
    iPhone
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice compilation. Thanks for posting.

Game Center: Clawhammr
    HofP: 18,867

My Devices
    iPad 4, PS4, PS3, Vita & XBOX 360
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an avid podcast listener that never really thought to look for pinball podcasts I tried out the latest episode of "The Pinball Podcast" and I liked it. It got a positive review from me.

Seattle, smbhax.com, & http://www.twitch.tv/smbhax
    My Devices
    Samsung Galaxy 12, PS4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I've been listening to that same episode and it's been growing on me. I'll have to check out some of the others as well--have caught a few episodes of the Spooky Podcast before. Thanks for the list!

My Devices
    ipad/iphone/360
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added Geek Gamer Weekly as they have put out some great pinball coverage lately and looks like it will be a regular thing.

If anyone knows of any other pinball podcasts please list here.
    Last edited by Kevlar; 04-23-2013 at 01:06 AM.

My Devices
    Too many
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Added Geek Gamer Weekly as they have put out some great pinball coverage lately and looks like it will be a regular thing.

If anyone knows of any other pinball podcasts please list here.
    Yeah, Geek Gamer said they will be doing an all Pinball podcast once a month now. They have regular podcasts which cover non-pinball but I haven't listened to those.

My Devices
    PC, Xbox 360
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice

Thanks, Kevlar. I'll have a listen to these whenever I have some free time.

My Devices
    Samsung Galaxy 12, PS4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sotie View Post
    Yeah, Geek Gamer said they will be doing an all Pinball podcast once a month now.
    Nice! I'll heck to check those out.

My Devices
    Too many
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lately I've been listening to these podcasts: The Pinball Podcast, Pinball Soul and The Gameroom Junkies. I decided to check out Spooky Pinball today and listened to their latest. Man, it was an awful mess. Maybe it's just me but I found it horrible.

My Devices
    ipad/iphone/360
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know what you mean, they try way too hard to entertain, managing to talk about a lot less pinball than they could.

My Devices
    Too many
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only listened to the most recent Spooky podcast but I could give so many examples of why it's horrible. Here's one of the biggest off the top of my mental list. They played a recording of an AC/DC tribute band (I think from the Midwest Gaming Classic) that featured a 10 year-old on drums. Oh, here's another one... they spent about 10 minutes on this: apparently they have movie night on Friday's at they're facility. Family and friends join; they had at least 10 minutes of reaction interviews to the crappy movie they watched. There also was a 30 minute phone-in interview and the call quality was so hard on my ears I had to skip the entire segment. I could come up with at least three more examples if pressed for it.

My Devices
    ipad/iphone/360
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Geek Gamer Weekly out today episode 238 is a pinball show.
    Also out today The Pinball Podcast episode 20 ( new member Jeff Rivera's show )

My Devices
    iPad 4
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Kev, I didn't know Pinball Podcast had a new one out yet. The only podcast I never miss.

My Devices
    ipad/iphone/360
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolchak357 View Post
    Thanks Kev, I didn't know Pinball Podcast had a new one out yet. The only podcast I never miss.
    Me neither. I listen to them all but the pinball podcast is my favourite. The pinball soul podcast has turned out to be very good too, the guy has a knack for finding bits of news that would otherwise go un-noticed.

My Devices
    Too many
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me neither. I listen to them all but the pinball podcast is my favourite. The pinball soul podcast has turned out to be very good too, the guy has a knack for finding bits of news that would otherwise go un-noticed.
    Yeah, he's good too.

My Devices
    ipad/iphone/360
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Pinball Soul podcast just out, Episode 7.

My Devices
    Too many
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Pinball Soul podcast just out, Episode 7.
    Nice, don't listen to this guy when you're tired. His voice will definitely put you to sleep. I look forward to his podcasts.

My Devices
    ipad/iphone/360
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just listening to the Now Your Playing With Podcast episode 18 which is all about pinball. I haven't added it to the list at the top because as far as I know this is a one off pinball wise. A bit chaotic at the start but they get into some good discussion eventually and talk about a lot of pins they played at papa.

They also mention The Pinball Arcade quite a bit.
    Last edited by Kevlar; 12-26-2013 at 04:22 AM.

My Devices
    ipad/iphone/360
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added Coast 2 Coast Pinball Podcast - [ iTunes - RSS - Facebook ]
    to the list.
    Last edited by Kevlar; 12-26-2013 at 04:21 AM.

My Devices
    Samsung Galaxy 12, PS4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the links! I like The Pinball Podcast, and the TOPcast interviews with pinball industry people are fascinating.

My Devices
    ipad/iphone/360
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smbhax View Post
    Thanks for the links! I like The Pinball Podcast, and the TOPcast interviews with pinball industry people are fascinating.
    Yeah the topcast interviews are essential if you are a pinball nerd, such a pity they suddenly stopped recording them. Anyone know why they stopped?

My Devices
    PS4, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 5s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the topcast interviews are essential if you are a pinball nerd, such a pity they suddenly stopped recording them. Anyone know why they stopped?
    My guess. Clay Harrell ran out of people willing to talk about the industry. I mean he interviewed a lot but eventually you run out of people that were either willing to talk or worth talking to. I subscribe to Harrell's pinballninja.com webzine which he updates with house call type repair videos on a fairly regular basis. That, along with having a normal life, probably keeps him fairly busy.

Back to the interviews, you can tell sometimes when someone isn't crazy about discussing the industry. I was surprised that he was able to interview Pat Lawlor for such a long period. Although it ends rather abruptly as does the Chris Granner interview. Basically, the "ok, great talking to you but I'm done now" way of closing it out.

They're very few others I can think of, though, that I would have liked to see him interview. Brian Eddy comes to mind. Nonetheless, it's great that he did these podcasts. I've listened to some of them more than once.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast