Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rejoyce! Pinball Arcade coming back in August?

I'm just waiting for the bugs in what I already bought to be fixed. I have no intention of buying this on any other platform or buying more tables for it.

My Devices
    Android, PC, The Ill-supported PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by bugged1 View Post
    cant belive people are still waiting for xbox 360 version, do yourselves a favour and forget about it untill the new consols are out, i would also go with ps4 or pc version after the disaster of the xbox pinball arcade. very dissapointed in the non start of 360 pinball and farsight are very lucky to have a good product because i definatly wouldnt have spent anymore money with them.
    I can. As a 360 owner, I would very much like to play TPA on something other than a Nexus 7. I don't have the money for a new ps4, or even a WiiU, and cannot afford the thousands it would cost to get a PC that could handle it, or any other worthwhile steam game. And I'm not going to buy that flash in the pan called the ouya-not even it's version of TPA impresses me. So yes, I am hoping for new content on the 360-as I've been doing for nearly a year now.

My Devices
    So Gamescom starts the 20th, and MS said they would announce self publishing at the same time, so we still might see PB arcade as early as Tuesday.

Maybe the title of this thread is really still possible?

My Devices
    Xbox 360,iPad Air
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabomber View Post
    So Gamescom starts the 20th, and MS said they would announce self publishing at the same time, so we still might see PB arcade as early as Tuesday.

Maybe the title of this thread is really still possible?

At least we will know what MS's plans actually are for self-publishing...

My Devices
    xbox 360 and ps vita
    [QUOTE=Gigabomber;96453]So Gamescom starts the 20th, and MS said they would announce self publishing at the same time, so we still might see PB arcade as early as Tuesday.

Maybe the title of this thread is really still possible?[/QUOTE It sure would be nice to hear something.I am really thinking about just waiting for the ps4 but i might get some of the tables to hold me threw if they come out soon.But if your thinking you are going to get some new tables on the 20th please do not hold your breath.I cant believe that it has been a year now waiting if i new it was going to be this long i would have got a ps3. But they would tell us next month or 2 and keep us hanging in there and here we are a year later .

My Devices
    Quote Originally Posted by Tales from the Crypt !! View Post
    But if your thinking you are going to get some new tables on the 20th please do not hold your breath.
    Yeah, I know. I've really only been waiting around 3 months, but the rest of you folks have been patient for so much longer it has to be pretty discouraging. Hoping for some grand Indie reveal by MS for the xbox one to try boost pre-orders, and that publicity and pull will bleed over to the 360, but gaming is such a massive industry now neither company really HAS to please us anymore.

Either way, we get another newsletter soon.
    Last edited by Gigabomber; 08-18-2013 at 06:00 PM.

i like how the what the hell is going on thread has been closed, whats all that about? thought it was a site for pinball arcade? and since farsight havnt supported their product and even worse promised anybody who asked (when you finally got a reponse) that its 'coming soon' hell they have been saying that for a year!
    funny how its gone quite again eh? no doubt they are thinking of not bothering with 360 afterall and wait for next gen!

My Devices
    iPad 4
    Blog Entries
    As you can guess there is nothing to report or it would have been in the newsletter that came out last night. I know you and all 360 users are beyond frustrated but do you expect FS to come in here everyday and say there is nothing to report? You know that isn't going to happen. Hang in there and when there is some news on the 360 it will be splashed all over these forums. Wish I had something better to tell you.
    High scores located in Blog.

I read this on http://www.pinballarcade.com/News/ in the FAQs:

Why isn't Xbox updated?

We are very well aware of the situation on Xbox, which has prevented us from updating the Pinball Arcade with current tables for some time. This is due to legal problems with Microsoft and Crave and we must wait for legal resolution while we consider other options. Recently we have had some very promising developments in this area which may make a full update to the Xbox possible in late 2013.
    GAMERTAG: GORDON GER

My Devices
    PS4, PS3
    Quote Originally Posted by bugged1 View Post
    i like how the what the hell is going on thread has been closed, whats all that about? thought it was a site for pinball arcade? and since farsight havnt supported their product and even worse promised anybody who asked (when you finally got a reponse) that its 'coming soon' hell they have been saying that for a year!
    funny how its gone quite again eh? no doubt they are thinking of not bothering with 360 afterall and wait for next gen!
    How its gone quite what again?
    My general posting disclaimer: All of my posts should be held in high suspect. I pretty much just post what I feel when I'm reading a thread. I spend very few resources on research, truth or accuracy before posting. On the other hand, I never post just to stir the pot or to troll although I do sometimes post just because I find something funny. If you ever find my posts offensive, please let me know. I have the spine of a jelly fish so I'm likely to just remove the post or posts.

Banned
    My Devices
    ps3
    maybe they meant AUGUST 2014

My Devices
    XBOX360, iPhone4, PC, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Asus Nexus 7, Samsung Note 2
    Fs never said august. It was just fan speculation
    XBL -> SilverballNut

Check out the first video in my "PinVlog" High Speed Impression and Commentary

My Devices
    iPad 4, PC, PS3, 360
    Quote Originally Posted by superballs View Post
    Fs never said august. It was just fan speculation
    August is in reference to the first post:

"FarSight says the new self-publishing program will open in August"

My Devices
    PC, Xbox 360, iPad 3, 3DS
    FS had over a year to find a solution for the xbox problem.
    I am really enjoying TPA on the iPad but the 360 version would be even better.
    Last edited by xNiCeGuYx; 08-26-2013 at 09:39 AM.
    Steam username: xNiCeGuYx
    Xbox 360 gamertag: xNiCeGuYx
    Most wanted TPA feature: Tournament Mode (hard mode) for each table
    Most wanted table right now: Bram Stoker's Dracula

My Devices
    *reads newsletter*

*stops rejoycing*

My Devices
    PS4, PS3
    Quote Originally Posted by xNiCeGuYx View Post
    FS had over a year to find a solution for the xbox problem.
    I am really enjoying TPA on the iPad but the 360 version would be even better.
    They couldn't "find" a solution. the had to wait for the bankruptcy court to act. For whatever reason they were led to believe for months that the court was going to release them from their contact. Then they were told Crave was going to reorganize and return to business. Then MS dropped Crave as an approved publisher putting the brakes on that plan. Now they're in a weird situation where they have a contract with Crave that can't be fulfilled and they'll have to figure of what they can do legally. I think they should have gone the breech of contact route months ago but maybe their lawyer is telling them not to for some reason.
    My general posting disclaimer: All of my posts should be held in high suspect. I pretty much just post what I feel when I'm reading a thread. I spend very few resources on research, truth or accuracy before posting. On the other hand, I never post just to stir the pot or to troll although I do sometimes post just because I find something funny. If you ever find my posts offensive, please let me know. I have the spine of a jelly fish so I'm likely to just remove the post or posts.

My Devices
    XBOX360, iPhone4, PC, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Asus Nexus 7, Samsung Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by brakel View Post
    They couldn't "find" a solution. the had to wait for the bankruptcy court to act. For whatever reason they were led to believe for months that the court was going to release them from their contact. Then they were told Crave was going to reorganize and return to business. Then MS dropped Crave as an approved publisher putting the brakes on that plan. Now they're in a weird situation where they have a contract with Crave that can't be fulfilled and they'll have to figure of what they can do legally. I think they should have gone the breech of contact route months ago but maybe their lawyer is telling them not to for some reason.
    Solution is quite simple.

1. Break the law and get sued into oblivion

3. Profit
    XBL -> SilverballNut

Check out the first video in my "PinVlog" High Speed Impression and Commentary

My Devices
    PS4, PS3
    Quote Originally Posted by superballs View Post
    Solution is quite simple.

1. Break the law and get sued into oblivion

3. Profit
    It wouldn't be breaking the law if Crave was found to be in breech of contract. They are supposed to be publishing TPA for FS and they haven't been. I don't see how that couldn't be a breech of their contact with FS.

My Devices
    iPhone, iPad, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7, Xbox 360
    It would be a breach of contract, not of law. The thing is, the Crave contract with Farsight is an "asset".

When you're in bankruptcy, you have two options - restructure, which means working out a deal with creditors and changing your business (under oversight of the court) to become viable again. Creditors must approve of the plan (they usually do if it's genuinely good for them - as even though they won't get back the full principal, they will get back more money).

The other option is liquidation, in which case the court is ordered to dispose of all assets to get back as much money for creditors as possible. First in line are secured creditors (who put up a loan in exchange for some property - they're first because the court is disposing of said property). Next come unsecured creditors. If there's not enough money, then secured creditors get as much as they can, unsecured creditors zilch (unsecured creditors do not have collateral to go with the loan). If the secured creditors are paid off, then the unsecured creditors split the remainder. Usually there is not enough to pay off the secured, and unsecured creditors (which include unpaid parts of employee salaries) are stiffed.

Now, the Farsight contract is considered an asset in that whomever buys it out gets the rights to publish TPA on Xbox360. THat right can be worth a bit of money since they get proceeds from the sale of licenses.

Should Farsight attempt to sell on the Xbox360 outside of the contract, that makes the contract worth far less and the courts could impose penalties or they could be sued by whoever buys the contract for devaluing it and breach of contract.

If the contract is narrowly worded so they can participate int he ID@Xbox thing for Xbox One, then that's a different matter.

Either way, Farsight's hands are tied. Now, it's possible that once the Xbox One comes out that the Xbox360 contract becomes worthless if Farsight publishes for Xbox One, which isn't a breach (because they haven't violated the terms - just the value of the contract evaporated over time).

Of course, Farsight can buy out the contract since it's for sale, and any reasonable offer before the courts will be considered.

My Devices
    PS4, PS3
    Quote Originally Posted by Worf View Post
    It would be a breach of contract, not of law. The thing is, the Crave contract with Farsight is an "asset".

When you're in bankruptcy, you have two options - restructure, which means working out a deal with creditors and changing your business (under oversight of the court) to become viable again. Creditors must approve of the plan (they usually do if it's genuinely good for them - as even though they won't get back the full principal, they will get back more money).

The other option is liquidation, in which case the court is ordered to dispose of all assets to get back as much money for creditors as possible. First in line are secured creditors (who put up a loan in exchange for some property - they're first because the court is disposing of said property). Next come unsecured creditors. If there's not enough money, then secured creditors get as much as they can, unsecured creditors zilch (unsecured creditors do not have collateral to go with the loan). If the secured creditors are paid off, then the unsecured creditors split the remainder. Usually there is not enough to pay off the secured, and unsecured creditors (which include unpaid parts of employee salaries) are stiffed.

Now, the Farsight contract is considered an asset in that whomever buys it out gets the rights to publish TPA on Xbox360. THat right can be worth a bit of money since they get proceeds from the sale of licenses.

Should Farsight attempt to sell on the Xbox360 outside of the contract, that makes the contract worth far less and the courts could impose penalties or they could be sued by whoever buys the contract for devaluing it and breach of contract.

If the contract is narrowly worded so they can participate int he ID@Xbox thing for Xbox One, then that's a different matter.

Either way, Farsight's hands are tied. Now, it's possible that once the Xbox One comes out that the Xbox360 contract becomes worthless if Farsight publishes for Xbox One, which isn't a breach (because they haven't violated the terms - just the value of the contract evaporated over time).

Of course, Farsight can buy out the contract since it's for sale, and any reasonable offer before the courts will be considered.
    You're skipping over one important fact. Crave can no longer publish on the xbox. MS pulled their publishing rights. The contract is no longer an asset because Crave can no longer fulfill the terms of the contract.

My Devices
    Xbox 360,iPad Air
    Quote Originally Posted by brakel View Post
    You're skipping over one important fact. Crave can no longer publish on the xbox. MS pulled their publishing rights. The contract is no longer an asset because Crave can no longer fulfill the terms of the contract.
    Well,there is obviously an issue somewhere because there is still no information as to what is going on with TPA on the 360. For all we know,FS could have been right with the 360 self-publishing talk,but MS penalized them for disclosing that fact before they were ready/wanted to do so.

It's all still just speculation and theories at this point. Hopefully something gets resolved before the new systems arrive in November...

My Devices
    Implying that MS penalized them by not announcing self-publishing for the xbox 360 at gamescom is. Farsight is continuing their policy of nearly zero communication about their 360 situation, so we can only guess. I've handled things better at my work and we pay people, not get paid. In fairness, the legal system sets the bar for bogging down timely progress and, once I realized they were developing for around 8 systems, I didn't expect much.

Thanks for the info Worf, now it makes sense why they yanked it from the store.

My Devices
    XBOX 360, PC
    Ugh... the suspense continues....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123