Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: TPA PS4 US launch countdown!

Seattle, and streaming PS4 TPA from http://www.twitch.tv/smbhax
    My Devices
    PS4
    I think they communicate honestly, they just don't do it very effectively.

Nobody we know of outside of Sony has access to TPA release date information. The stuff you see people saying on Facebook is simply based on the "2-3 weeks after system launch" estimate FarSight gave us once it was clear that Sony had held TPA back from its original Day 1 release date.

My Devices
    Vita, playstation 3
    Quote Originally Posted by smbhax View Post
    I think they communicate honestly, they just don't do it very effectively.

Nobody we know of outside of Sony has access to TPA release date information.
    I don't see how this can be true, considering other devs seem to have advance knowledge of when their product will release on the platform.

And no, I don't think they do communicate honestly. They certainly didn't when they released busted tables on the vita and they don't when they send consumers to go sit and wait for releases farsight knows won't be hitting.

My Devices
    Galaxy S4, iPad 4, PC, PS4, Wii U, Xbox 360
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiedf View Post
    I don't see how this can be true, considering other devs seem to have advance knowledge of when their product will release on the platform.

And no, I don't think they do communicate honestly. They certainly didn't when they released busted tables on the vita and they don't when they send consumers to go sit and wait for releases farsight knows won't be hitting.
    Ok...you're made 10 posts to the forum and every single post is unconstructively negative. If you joined the forum just to rant and belittle FarSight instead of looking for answers to problems you may have or provide suggestions on how FarSight can improve The Pinball Arcade, then you've come to the wrong place.
    PSN ID and Xbox LIVE Gamertag : Slyddogg

My Devices
    Vita, playstation 3
    Quote Originally Posted by PiN WiZ View Post
    Ok...you're made 10 posts to the forum and every single post is unconstructively negative. If you joined the forum just to rant and belittle FarSight instead of looking for answers to problems you may have or provide suggestions on how FarSight can improve The Pinball Arcade, then you've come to the wrong place.

So, you want me to leave because I have a problem with some of the things farsight does, and because my post count is low.

I see.

You know what? No. People need to point out when a company does something they disagree with, or in some of these cases when they've failed to provide what a consumer paid for.

If you want to try and decry people for having an issue with farsight, try being constructive yourself rather than trying to dismiss them because they haven't posted much. God forbid people use an avenue of communicating with a company sparingly.

Is it NOT an issue when farsight releases broken DLC?

Is it NOT an issue when farsight repeatedly fails to make release dates and doesn't communicate well with its customers?

It certainly is. I enjoy this product, but I don't enjoy how spontaneous and disorganized releases are, or paying money for dlc that is NOT in playable condition.

If voicing concerns over how farsight is handling something, and making them aware that these are issues for me as a consumer, isn't constructive enough for you, then I don't know what you want. I've stated how I'd like things to change.

My Devices
    So, you want me to leave because I have a problem with some of the things farsight does, and because my post count is low.

I see.

You know what? No. People need to point out when a company does something they disagree with, or in some of these cases when they've failed to provide what a consumer paid for.

If you want to try and decry people for having an issue with farsight, try being constructive yourself rather than trying to dismiss them because they haven't posted much. God forbid people use an avenue of communicating with a company sparingly.

Is it NOT an issue when farsight releases broken DLC?

Is it NOT an issue when farsight repeatedly fails to make release dates and doesn't communicate well with its customers?

It certainly is. I enjoy this product, but I don't enjoy how spontaneous and disorganized releases are, or paying money for dlc that is NOT in playable condition.

If voicing concerns over how farsight is handling something, and making them aware that these are issues for me as a consumer, isn't constructive enough for you, then I don't know what you want. I've stated how I'd like things to change.
    Please read what I posted before posting another rant. Here's what I posted, "... looking for answers to problems you may have or provide suggestions on how FarSight can improve The Pinball Arcade..."

What you are currently doing is not constructive and doesn't help FarSight improve the product. I'm not asking you to leave, but I am asking you to reconstruct your feedback posts to where they're more helpful to FarSight.

You know what you need to do now so please do not respond to this post.

My Devices
    Vita, playstation 3
    I asked for more open and honest communication with customers about the pinball arcade releases.

That is constructive. I'm expressing an issue with the general lack of and frequent issues inherent with farsights communication regarding the product.

If they communicated more, there wouldn't be so many people constantly confused and inquiring about what is going on.
    If they were more straight on when/how things are delayed we also would see less confusion and complaining as given time frames are passed by and replaced. People just want to have some idea when the game is coming so they can buy it.

That is a suggestion for improvement.

Sorry, but you come off solidly as just wanting to silence me for taking issue with these things.

My Devices
    I asked for more open and honest communication with customers about the pinball arcade releases.

That is constructive. I'm expressing an issue with the general lack of and frequent issues inherent with farsights communication regarding the product.

If they communicated more, there wouldn't be so many people constantly confused and inquiring about what is going on.
    If they were more straight on when/how things are delayed we also would see less confusion and complaining as given time frames are passed by and replaced. People just want to have some idea when the game is coming so they can buy it.

That is a suggestion for improvement.

Sorry, but you come off solidly as just wanting to silence me for taking issue with these things.
    All I'm asking you to do is correct the issue I have brought to your attention.

My Devices
    PS4, PS3
    It's not just FarSight that has these problems with Sony. Other indie and small devs also play the wait for release game. Sony just isn't very good with dealing with the small guys. Unless there's something seriously wrong with their resubmition then I'm sure Sony will release it sometime this month. None of us are going to die waiting for it to release.
    My general posting disclaimer: All of my posts should be held in high suspect. I pretty much just post what I feel when I'm reading a thread. I spend very few resources on research, truth or accuracy before posting. On the other hand, I never post just to stir the pot or to troll although I do sometimes post just because I find something funny. If you ever find my posts offensive, please let me know. I have the spine of a jelly fish so I'm likely to just remove the post or posts.

My Devices
    iPhone, PS4
    As long as they release it just as I get my PS4 (which is in a week or two).
    Add me on iOS Gamecentre : Dumpstar! PS4 PSN id: dump_star72

My Devices
    PS4
    If I *am* about to die waiting for it to come out, I'll try to scrawl a note alerting whoever finds me to donate my PS4 to someone on this board. : o

My Devices
    iPhone, PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumpstar View Post
    As long as they release it just as I get my PS4 (which is in a week or two).
    And about one hour after I posted this I got a call saying I could pick up my PS4. It is now up and running!
    Add me on iOS Gamecentre : Dumpstar! PS4 PSN id: dump_star72

Zen Pinball 2 coming out on Dec 17th for PS4 : http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...december-17th/ - reason for no TPA on PS4 yet?

My Devices
    Wii, IOS, PC, PS3, PS4...
    Well hopefully we see TPA on PS4 prior to ZEN FX2! I think FS will get it done, as why release after your competition does, not going to help sales... FS is smarter than that...Hang in there guys! Unless ZEN is preferred by SONY, in back door deal to be out first over TPA...insert conspiracy here_______.

Couldn't help notice ZEN bloger says if you purchased tables on Vita or PS3 you get those tables free on PS4. NOW THATS A HUGE PLUS! If true..
    Last edited by Canadian365; 12-04-2013 at 06:06 AM.

My Devices
    Ipad 3. Ipad mini, iPhone5, Mac mini, PS3, XBOX360, PC, VirtuaPin Mini-Cab, PS4
    "Couldn't help notice ZEN bloger says if you purchased tables on Vita or PS3 you get those tables free on PS4. NOW THATS A HUGE PLUS! If true.."

Free crap is just that, free crap. If it was good to begin with that would be different. Would rather pay for TPA, twice.

My Devices
    PC, PS Vita, PS3, PS4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, X-Box 360
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian365 View Post
    Well hopefully we see TPA on PS4 prior to ZEN FX2! I think FS will get it done, as why release after your competition does, not going to help sales... FS is smarter than that...Hang in there guys! Unless ZEN is preferred by SONY, in back door deal to be out first over TPA...insert conspiracy here_______.

Couldn't help notice ZEN bloger says if you purchased tables on Vita or PS3 you get those tables free on PS4. NOW THATS A HUGE PLUS! If true..
    But didn't exactly that happen on Steam AND PS Vita? Then there is the Wii U which has had Zen Pinball for a while now and still no TPA. It seems TPA is just destined to be the one which gets constantly delayed on every platform.

I have had some money waiting on my PSN account to buy season 1 on PS4, but the long its delayed the more likely I won't have enough left.

But I'm REALLY itching to see No Good Gofers on PS4, it looks vastly better on PC than PS3, so the PS4 build should be sweet. As I have said before, my TV has a lot of latency even in Game mode so the PS3 version is unplayable but the PC version shaves enough off for it to be tolerable. I really REALLY hope the PS4 version remains as low latency.

My Devices
    PS4
    Today on their Facebook, FarSight said in a reply:

The Pinball Arcade: We are having issues with sony regarding our discount offering, which is causing a delay, we haven't been pushed too far, the game has already been submitted and approved... we have to wait until dealings with sony on this issue are complete in order for them to release. Please bear with us, the wait is almost over.
    Kind of surprised there's still "dealings" going on!! Hopefully it all gets sorted out soon.

My Devices
    Its no surprise really seeing as the Playstation Store is glitchy for simple cross-buy deals. Its likely it never was designed to offer "buy three, get this other thing half price" deals so it could require a lot of work for Sony to implement the scheme.

My Devices
    XBox 360, Android, PC , PS4

Cool Gamefly Announcement about TPA

If this page on Gamefly is right, the release date is 12/12/2013.

http://www.gamefly.com/Rent-Pinball-Arcade/5006980/

And since Gamefly doesn't do PS4 downloads it could be a retail disk version WOW !!!

Let's hope it is correct.

Timelord ...

My Devices
    I wouldnt hold your breath as Boomerang a UK rental service said the disc release was 29th November, UK PS4 launch day, but it wasn't.

My Devices
    New Nexus 7, iPhone 4s, Steam/PC
    The Pinball Arcade We haven't heard from Sony yet whether or not we have a 100% official date, but things look good right now for a release on the 17th or the 24th. We are very sorry for the delay, this discount issue has caused a massive headache for Sony, us, and you, the fans. Rest assured we are doing everything possible to push a release the moment we are able, and when we've received word from Sony on a more official date, we will let all of you know.
    Like · Reply · 2 · 2 hours ago

My Devices
    PS4
    Yeah, and a little after that they also added in mention of the EU release in response to someone asking about it:

The Pinball Arcade It will release at the same time as the us version, we're still waiting to hear back from Sony for a 100% date but right now it's looking to be either the 17th or the 24th (obviously we're hoping for the 17th)
    Hm, the EU PS4 store still updates on Wednesdays as far as I can tell, whereas the NA one updates on Tuesdays, so technically it would be the 18th or the 25th over there.
    Last edited by smbhax; 12-05-2013 at 03:44 PM.

My Devices
    Sony xperia T, PS4
    Gutted this still isn't out, and bloody zen it coming out too, why don't Farsight ever have any good luck?
    Why didn't they just credit people's psn accounts who'd bought the season packs with 10-20 dollars or whatever instead? Would have been much easier.

My Devices
    PS4, PS3, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 4s
    This delay has to be hard for FarSight. As a PS4 owner who received their's soon after launch, I can tell you that if TPA would have been a launch title, I believe it would have sold quite well. Unless you're a first person or Assassin's Creed junkie, there wasn't much available. Especially on PSN. Fortunately for FarSight, there still isn't much available yet. Unfortunately, Zen Pinball will also be coming this month which will eat into the pinball sim marketshare. Oh well. Too late now.

My Devices
    Xbox360 PS3 Vita
    Quote Originally Posted by squidlr View Post
    Zen Pinball 2 coming out on Dec 17th for PS4 : http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...december-17th/ - reason for no TPA on PS4 yet?
    Well that is awesome news! 20 tables free as cross-buy.
    What is the TPA discount I've seen mentioned in this thread? Although I suppose I can go hunting for this info easily enough...

My Devices
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalzoic View Post
    What is the TPA discount I've seen mentioned in this thread? Although I suppose I can go hunting for this info easily enough...
    50% off the Season One pack if you own at least four of the Season One tables on PS3/Vita. I'll put this type of info at the beginning of the thread.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast