Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first FarSight post in this thread.   Thread: Important

My Devices
    Atrix, PC
    Quote Originally Posted by _gl View Post
    I think Farsight needs to adopt the 'when it's done' approach. It's just a bad idea to make promises and then keep breaking them.
    I disagree. I used to play a racing simulator developed by 3 people, and they gave us the "when its done" routine. What came of that? Still waiting into 2014 for a patch due to be released in 2008. The only recently started work on it, because they couldn't live off the money unsuspecting people paid them for a dead game. (Re: they spent all our money, so they're "rushing" to make the next release)

My Devices
    Ipad 3. Ipad mini, iPhone5, Mac mini, PS3, XBOX360, PC, VirtuaPin Mini-Cab, PS4
    Free time to play their new cabinet.

My Devices
    PS3, Androiod Tablet, Windows PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Shanus View Post
    Can't say I'm surprised.. C'est la vie

My Devices
    Android, PC, Xbox 360, PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean DonCarlos View Post
    If I keep hearing as many self-entitled complaints as I have in this thread, that might start happening.

Seriously, it has been nearly 21 months since TPA was first released on iOS. An extra day or three for the Steam release is not going to kill anyone at this point. So please, everyone remain calm. The sun will still rise tomorrow if TPA isn't released on Steam today.
    Exactly! Not to mention it's been 14 months since Xbox 360 TPA players saw any of the DLC iOS and Android users were getting, and the constant delays WiiU owners have faced. When the PC version was greenlit seven (yes, seven!) months ago, it was welcome news for fans burned by console inactivity-yet Xbox live and WiiU are still prominently displayed on TPA's facebook page as "available". Then the Steam release date was revealed as today-and we find out at literally the 11th hour and 59th minute that it will not be released this week.

To be blunt, I'd be more worried if people were not venting right now.

5.   Click here to go to the next FarSight post in this thread.   #80
    I got the pricing fixed, but our Steam rep is in Europe (I still don't understand why), so they stopped responding to my emails about 4 hours ago. I don't have a new date or time from them yet.

Sorry about the delays. I'm quite angry myself.

My Devices
    PC, iPod 4, iPod 5, iPad 4- 128 GB, iPad Mini Cab
    Relax guys and just wait it out with the rest of us. It's going to happen. Lets show FarSight and this sites moderators and members the respect they deserve.
    Tigershark1968 in Steam, Origin and many gaming forums.
    The Pinball Arcade PC Beta tester.
    Pro Pinball PC Beta tester.
    Bring Zaccaria Pinball to PC.

My Devices
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Reitmeyer View Post
    I got the pricing fixed, but our Steam rep is in Europe (I still don't understand why), so they stopped responding to my emails about 4 hours ago. I don't have a new date or time from them yet.

That's a bummer. Hope if gets sorted out before the facebook crowd pops veins in their head.

My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries

Dude, I feel your pain. I had to wait for hours only to hear about this. This is B.S., man (Steam)!
    Oh my gosh, that ball wants out soooooo baaaaad.

Steam User: Pinballwiz45b

High Scores: http://pinballarcadefans.com/entry.php/3-High-Scores

http://www.youtube.com/user/pinballwiz45b

My Devices
    Samsung Galaxy S2, Xbox 360, PS3, PC

No worries Mike, you've done all you could and a few days' wait isn't going to kill us... Would there be any chance for re-activating the beta for the weekend (with the newest build)? That would give the testers a few more hours to find more bugs

My Devices
    iOS, 360, PS3
    That sucks Mike. Hopefully you can either get in touch with someone from the US (how they don't have someone contactable especially for your launch, I don't know). Hope it all comes through quicker than the "next week" statement on FB, for your sakes as much as ours

11.   Click here to go to the next FarSight post in this thread.   #86
    Quote Originally Posted by DaPinballWizard View Post
    Free time to play their new cabinet.
    I wish. Still waiting for it to be delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by goforthewall View Post
    No worries Mike, you've done all you could and a few days' wait isn't going to kill us... Would there be any chance for re-activating the beta for the weekend (with the newest build)? That would give the testers a few more hours to find more bugs
    That would require steams help, and then cause more issues with getting released later...so I'd rather not ask.

I know how disappointing it is when a game gets delayed.

The good news (I guess) is that all the issues they told me about this morning are fixed.

12.   Click here to go to the next FarSight post in this thread.   #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaneus View Post
    That sucks Mike. Hopefully you can either get in touch with someone from the US (how they don't have someone contactable especially for your launch, I don't know). Hope it all comes through quicker than the "next week" statement on FB, for your sakes as much as ours
    I thought about trying to contact a US rep (if I could find one), but then was afraid that the rep in Europe might take offence and that might cause issues.

My Devices
    Samsung Galaxy S2, Xbox 360, PS3, PC
    I wish. Still waiting for it to be delivered.

That would require steams help, and then cause more issues with getting released later...so I'd rather not ask.
    Fair enough, we'd better not cause any more issues... I know just the feeling when trouble keeps popping up - so annoying, especially when it's out of your hands. Thanks for being so upfront and open about the issues. We fans are excited, but I'm sure we can be patient for just a while longer! I myself am playing the Android version to tide me over

My Devices
    PC
    Well then, monday it is, hopefully.

My Devices
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Android), PS3, PC
    To Mike and everyone on the FarSight team.

Sorry for the trouble you're going through. I'm eagerly awaiting the Steam version, and must admit I've felt a little frustrated as a result of the waiting, but that's just a tiny piece of dust compared to the tornado you're dealing with. Thanks again for all the immeasurable effort you're putting into the PC release!

Have a great weekend! :-)

My Devices
    PC

4 hours ago? so around 5-6pm, the normal end of office hours. However I find it stupid that steam releases games based on US timezones, yet have European reps, they need to get their **** together.

My Devices
    PC, IPod Touch, xBox 360, Android 7"
    I thought about trying to contact a US rep (if I could find one), but then was afraid that the rep in Europe might take offence and that might cause issues.
    The Euro rep is already probably down the pub (or Cafe bar), so I would head off there as well if I were you and sink a few pints (or 550ml jars).

My Devices
    Asus TF300T - Cybertron Unleashed II PC
    Blog Entries
    I'm kind of glad for the extra few days of anticipation. At least I can still be optimistic that my crappy new computer will run this game well. I've already factored in disappointment that my computer is not powerful enough for the Steam release and now I won't have to deal with the disappointment for another few days.
    If you are not playing "The Pinball Arcade", you aint' playing real pinball!

My Devices
    PC Windows 8
    Tell the American valve to do it the Euros will be ok about it.

My Devices
    PC
    If the European rep works tomorrow and reads Mikes mail ... Valve could activate the game
    ... no, I'm too optimistic

My Devices
    PS3, Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Quote Originally Posted by LMA View Post
    Tell the American valve to do it the Euros will be ok about it.
    Yes we are!

My Devices
    PC
    First, tell Mike who the American rep is. I think Valve does all the banking operations in Europe.
    Last edited by Biff; 11-01-2013 at 02:35 PM.

My Devices
    PC
    I knew some devious European would be behind this. He's probably lurking here, reading our anguished messages while twirling his mustaches.

My Devices
    PC, 360, iPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Biff View Post
    If the European rep works tomorrow and reads Mikes mail ... Valve could activate the game
    ... no, I'm too optimistic
    I don't think I've ever seen Steam release a game on Saturday or Sunday. Who knows, maybe they would in this special case since things got botched at the last minute, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

My Devices
    PC Windows 8
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSuper View Post
    *snip*
    Well it was Valve, Steam that told Farsight it would be ready to sell at 10am 1st Nov . Farsight was finished at their end it was all down to valve.
    Last edited by PiN WiZ; 11-01-2013 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Removed quote from previously deleted post

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast